Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Service Changes - Effective September 19

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Greystones has 5 TDs - Dick Roche, Andrew Doyle, Joe Behan, Liz McManus, Billy Timmins

Plus complain to the depot and ask for a manager ~ were pushing hard to get the old system back in place. Unions are gathering daily info on each bus, while depot managers stand at Cabinteely cross monitoring one stop!

Donnybrook 7034404

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

SickCert wrote: »
    Plus complain to the depot and ask for a manager ~ were pushing hard to get the old system back in place. Unions are gathering daily info on each bus, while depot managers stand at Cabinteely cross monitoring one stop!

Donnybrook 7034404

What system exactly are you trying to get back into place ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The original peak running time, off peak ok.

A service to the city for Bray south (84/84x), as 0745 the last bus from Kilcoole is anti commercial for any bus company.

Loadings require extra 84x's, the original times were designed in 2006.

The 145s are riddled with other small faults that will be ironed out in time.

The 184s also report poor running time at the weekend, which wont be evident properly till after this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

You had me until you said Unions... are they monitoring to improve customer service or get their fellas back on the runs?

Seems like any system that had more buses running off peak than on needing fixing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You had me until you said Unions... are they monitoring to improve customer service or get their fellas back on the runs?
    why do you naturally assume that once unions are mentioned thats it's all just self interest?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Not assuming anything, it was a question. Curious as to why Unions are doing monitoring of buses, when there are staff employed to do that.

I agree the service has teething problems following the change, so if the unions are looking to improve the service without getting paid to monitor, fair play... but if its an attempt to get the old service back... not so fair play.

Advertisement