Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much should modifying template cost?

Options
  • 13-09-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭

Hi i have set up a wordpress blog. The theme i found is quite gud but there seems to be some problems with it and i cant get a response from the theme developer.

1.Theres a section on the home page called featured news but i cant find any way to make posts featured and display on the front page so at the moment its just blank. On the site i got the theme from i notice there were plenty of people asking about this problem in the comments section but no answer provided.
    2. Theres a section for adverts but that overlaps where it says "subscribe to Rss"

3. There is a featured video section on the front page but it says to add youtube id code but when i uses an embed code it dispays the video on the front page twice and also dispays some of the embed code with it.

Im not sure if im allowed post the site link here so if anyone thinks they could fix these problems could they pm for the link and give me a price?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

If there are issues with the template don't buy it or use it, search around for a working version. In terms of modification stay away from Freelance developers - nothing but trouble.

Go for a company such as Fusio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

thanks for the advice im starting college soon on a course for computers buty right now have little knowledge of web design buti figured these would be only minor adjustments and not to complicated for an experianced coder but reading your response i may have been wrong.
    I really like this theme . The them is available free here so i hope this is not seen as spamas its not my site im showing the link for this is just where i got the theme
    http://www.wpthemedesigner.com/2008/11/28/alpha-theme/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

Nevermind - I took too long and you already put it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Have a gander at http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine
    if you want something good get a template from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Penrose wrote: »
    If there are issues with the template don't buy it or use it, search around for a working version. In terms of modification stay away from Freelance developers - nothing but trouble.

Go for a company such as Fusio.

Talk about generalising :rolleyes:

I completely disagree with you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement