Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single Parent's Allowance...Inspector Visit?

• 13-09-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Friend broke up with fiancee 2 months ago and she has a young child. She was told she might qualify for single parent's allowance but they said an Inspector might call. Does anyone know what that entails. She has a few pictures on the wall of the baby but same include the father (ex) and is worried that she might need to take them down?

Does the Inspector check the house or just come and meet the girl?

She doesn't like the idea of someone routing around her house so she would stay on Jobseeker's Benefit, if there is too much hassle with the a claim for Single Parent's Allowance.

Any advice for her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

An inspector will call.its just to go through details(bank statements,rent agreement/mortgage details,maintenance payments etc) and to confirm that she is a single parent.its fairly basic stuff and if she has nothing to hide its a breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi... just to avoid suspicion, should she take down pics which include her ex? Also do they look around the house etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭sassychick

A visit is fairly straight forward they dont look around the house at all its just a chat and to go thru sum questions..look thru bank statements etc...as for photos just cause your not together doesnt mean u cant have photos ..you have children my kids have photos of der dad in der rooms and i have one in the living room...best of luck and dont be worryin der not that bad as long as your been truthful u have nutin to worry about:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 buddyrabbit

My sister broke up with her bf of 7 years. They have a 5 yr old daughter. He had moved out and he collects her every Wed from my sisters house.
    She had applied for Single Parents Allowance and was waiting on a reply, when she had a surprise visit from the Social Welfare...
    While she was getting her daughter ready to go with the father her doorbell rang, and he answered it.........

She was refused her Single Parents Allowance because they thought he still lived there. She had proof from the council that his name was taken off the name of the house but they wouldnt listen. TYpical.

The only income she had for a whole year was for fifeen hours work paid at min wage. The father of the child didnt give maintaince either (another story)
    So she was stuck in a rut. She had appealled the decision by the Social.

So TWELVE MONTHS later she got all her entitlements backdated..
    but it had been a very tight struggle for her. She had gone to the CWO for help, but they said she should have enough money in her fifeen hours to get by...

It was me who had to help my sister and niece thru the tough winter when her ESB was cut off.

Advertisement