Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning about 1/5 Buggys

Options
  • 13-09-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Gents
    Just a reminder about safety when out and about using your buggies.
    I was hit in the heel by my friends 1/5 scale buggy at full speed and ended up tearing all the ligaments and bones in my knee requiring surgery and 6 screws holding my knee together never felt pain like it :eek:. So now i can't weight bear for 8 weeks and probally won't see work until the new year :(

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=7325

cheers
    joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

OMG that had to hurt. Hope you get well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Thanks fallaci,
    yep it hurts like hell ;)
    cheers
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Jaaaaaaaaaysus!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Holy crap!! And i thought i was bad getting the top of my thumb chopped of by my plane!!
    Get well soon man!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Its a big difference really, the difference between toys and models.
    Newcomers be aware!!!! These are far from toys.
    You have to respect models and observe the sort of safety code that goes with all power tools, cutting tools, and machines.

• Advertisement

Well said coolwings,
    Even after 30yrs with r/c and being anal about safety it takes only a minute's lapse in concentration and bang your hurt. At the speed and weight of these 1/5 scale I suppose i was lucky and at least it wasn't an onlooker :eek:
    cheers
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Jesus christ that looks sore!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

coolwings wrote: »
    You have to respect models and observe the sort of safety code that goes with all power tools, cutting tools, and machines.

The models may require even more awareness than power tools as not only do you have to observe and operate your own model car, plane, heli or boat etc with due care and safety, but its hard not to be aware of or try to be aware of what other model users are doing at the same time your operating your own one.

That must of been horrific that impact on ankle, was the lower leg or ankle injured much?

Hi Robbie
    The knee took all the damage (apart from my pride :rolleyes: )
    the heel which took the impact hadn't even a bruise or a cut.
    cheers
    joe

Advertisement