Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst/most embarrassing bout of vomiting you have ever endured?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

On my way to the train station, bought a can of coke on the way. On the train I can feel that horrible feeling when you know you're gonna be sick, thank god the toilet was in the next carriage, stayed in the toilet puking for ages. then went and sat down out side the toilet, put my feet and bags around me so nobody would sit beside for quick access to the bathroom. next thing these 2 people ask to sit down beside and I'm thinking 'oh no' but I had to say yes obviously. anyways managed to not get sick. then later on that day I'm on the bus and feel the need to get sick, oh no. so I manage to hold it down but get off the bus at the next stop which is o connell street and as soon as I get off I projectile vomit all over the place. people were horrified. holding back sick just makes it worse!

Another time I was on my way to an exam. Had no sleep the night before cos I was in so much pain with my stomach ulcer so I was wrecked and in pain, walking along looking like a homeless person, with a vacant expression, all these kids were on their way to school and I was just puking every few minutes then continuing walking along.

Another time I got up really early cos I had a thing at 9 in college. I never go to this so I dunno why I went this day anyways I ate a banana before I went. Was hungover and thought I was going to pass out on the walk there but I was fine. Anyways was on the way home after that and next thing I just got sick and it was yellow from the banana right in the busiest part of college luckily there wasn't that many people around on a Friday morning.

Then there was ap better get out of the shop so I started walking really quickly to get out of the shopthis one time I was in Dunnes and next thing I started to feel really dizzy and sick so I was like oh cr but I didn't make it cos I felt like I was going to faint so I had to just sit down and I put my head between my knees but then next thing I just vomited. so embarrassing, somebody who worked there came over and then I had to watch a poor girl cleaning up my sick :o I did get a free bottle of water though.

Another time I got too drunk during RAG week and I don't remember this but I've been told I got sick in a bucket, then filled the bucket up with water, and shouted at my friend to throw it out the window, which she did.
    :confused:

And I always remember when I was younger I had a bug and couldn't eat or else I'd get sick. but we got this really nice barney drinks so I decided **** it I'm gonna have one. few seconds after finishing it I knew I had to get sick so I ran to the bathroom, made it, but didn't make it to the toilet, had my hand over my mouth and I projectile vomited purple barney drink all over the bathroom. all the sick burst through my hand, like my hand was a fan and made it go everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Most embarrassing would be the morning after a party when about 17 yo at a buddy's house after failing to touch the breakfast his mum made us I had to lean out an upstairs window to spew because the toilet was occupied and my buddy's sister and Mum were down in the garden pointing and having a right laugh. :o

Worst has to be when about 16 or so I had viral meningitis (not the deadly one)
    the main symptoms were a blinding headache followed by the most racking few hours of getting sick ever. Talk about the telephone to God! I seemed to get better just after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

My mate's father passed away and we all went on the lash on a Friday night, his father due to be cremated on the Saturday morning.
    Still rather pissed from the night before, as the coffin was rolling into the furnace, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen and proceeded to puke on the crematorium floor as my mate and his family watched on crying. Had terrible puke sweats as well to add to the embarrassment.

I felt like jumping into the furnace myself at that moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

When i was about 12 i was quite ill, told the parents and they said grand, stay at home from school. I was sitting at the kitchen table trying to drink some tea and my mother asked me was i okay, that i looked like i was going to get sick. I replied, "nope, i'll be okay" and no sooner had i finished the sentence that i felt the puke rise up, i tried to make it to the sink but ended up puking on the floor, the inertia from my rush to a better place to puke carried me on so i stood on ,and neatly slipped in, my own puke and proceeded to puke on myself on the way down.

Cue me, 12 years old, lying on the floor in a pile of puking, whilst puking on myself and the rents trying their best not to break their **** laughing at me.

Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Woke up after a friday on the lash and needed to piss like a racehorse. Nothing unusual there so toddled off to the jacks. My hangover hard-on was coming down so that was grand and pointed my knob to the bowl. This is where things get messy.
    I was wearing an old t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Now my bladder is full to exploding and the p!ss is clattering away into the jacks. I'm a smoker and obviously the night before I probably smoked forty cigs and my throat and lungs were quite claggy. Cue the cough with disgusting blob undoing itself from my chest. This caused an immediate gag reflex and my whole body convulsed. Remember I'm still pissing. My brain hadn't shut down the urinating function and I can really only describe this as best I can because it happened practically instantaneously.
    The shudder from the gag reflex forced a volley of puke to splatter all over the cistern. Because I had forced, the relaxed stream of urine also became pressurised and sprayed all down the back behind the bowl. And the crowning glory was that I filled my toggs at the back-end as well. The end-of-evening shoarma gushing out my rectum and down my legs inside the tracky bottoms.
    Luckily the bathroom had a stone floor and a shower that you just walk into. I just turned on the water and got in in my clothes...eventually peeling them of and letting the water wash away all the dung. Had to hose down the cistern too.
    Brushed my teeth, had a ciggy and went to the pub to watch the match and embark upon round two :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Worst: Made a nice big pot of chilli for dinner one night. It was delicious, myself and the gf enjoyed it so much that she took some to work and I came home for lunch to eat some more. About 16:30 I knew I didn't feel right but not too bad. By the time I got home I almost took the toilet off the wall with the chilli soup erupting from my burning sphyncter, my gf came home to me lying on the bed pale and weak as a day old kitten. She's not the most comforting of people I found out when she goes "ok, I'll be watching TV". So a while, and many anus obliterating toilet trips, later I felt the puke dizzies. I get to the toilet in plenty of time but, and I don't know if you know this, it is not possible to vomit and control your sphyncter at the same time. Cue me shouting for my gf to bring a plastic bag, she eventually pokes her head in, sees me white as a sheet, toilet plastered in chilli puke and trying to hold by chilli soup soaked cream cords away from my legs, throws me the plastic bag and I quote "make sure you clean up after yourself" and goes back to the TV. I thought women were suppose to be comforting in your time of need?

Embarassing: Either after some "I got dumped" drinking, on a bus home from town after guinness, bulmers, whiskey and the barmans heartbreak special mix I'm hammered. A colleague of questionable virtue and a face like a bucket of smashed crabs decides she'll try her luck, so she's sitting on my lap when I blast an explosion of alcomix chunks all over her. Luckily that was my only body fluids she ever got on her.

Or at my sisters wedding rehearsal. In the Sub in walkinstown ran to the bathroom bro to be and the priest at the urinals as I almost make it to the cubicle and vomit all over the bathroom floor to the sounds of them laughing their heads off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

And on and on it went, like the bloke at the end of The Meaning of Life, my eyes watering and nearly blind, heaving to the extent that I could barely hit the brakes.

Oh God... I had totally forgotten about Mr Creosote in "The Meaning of Life".
    Especially the bit where he pukes on the cleaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

A sunny Monday morning after a weekend on the beer. Was on the old 62 bus route into town during summer - far too warm, got off the bus in Ranelagh and pretended to tie my laces as I puked away, the bus was stuck in traffic beside me so I proceeded to walk and puke as the bus slowly moved along beside me:), into work then - think i stopped getting sick around lunchtime

Another one i was knacker drinking with tins of guinness and a naggin of Powers - went home puked in me runner (the left one of a nice pair of suede runners) and all over the bathroom wall - blamed the brother on that one and the folks believed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Junior cert Sience exam. I had a terrible tummy bug and was in and out of the classroom every five minutes I'd say! Luckily the examiner was very understanding and the loo was only just outside the door.

I was fine the next day although exhausted. And I managed to pass the exam (just about!) which I'm quite proud of because if you saw the state of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was working at Oxegen in 2008 even though I was 8 weeks preggers. I survived the whole weekend without being sick. I got a bus home 8am on the Monday morn, no bother. Was getting off the bus in my OH's hometown, he didnt get out of my way fast enough, All over him and his bag!!! And of course no one would believe it me when I say I hadn't been drinking!!!!!

Then there was the time I was in a car with our friend (still preggers, but still hadnt told anyone). We were driving around for ages, as soon as she stopped the car, I vommited like crazy for a few min (near on exorist style here) and just turned around and walked off and said "right, whose for ice cream) everyone around thought I was mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Usually on a night out I eat a burger and knock back a few pints of water to kill the next days hangover.

One night I didn't and drank loads of Bavaria. The next day I was in ribbons, couldn't eat, couldn't drink, couldn't even get off the couch.

I was watching a DVD and a funny bit came up, I started laughing hard, then my stomach gave a lurch, so I stopped laughing and ran to the jacks.

Worst. Hangover. Ever. Nowadays there's no way I'd go for a night out without having water or food. It was pure horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It was a few years ago when I was still in secondary school.

Me and a few friends had a joint as we would normally have done. I of course pulled a whitener...

Sitting at a table in abra, sweat pouring from me (cold night), not able to move, gawking out the window. Next thing bbblllllaaaarrrgghhhh all over the floor.

The poor girl working there had to clean it up :o I went back the next day and left €50 in a envelope for her and never heard from her again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Christmas Eve a few years back I was working the 4pm to midnight shift on A&E reception with a vomiting bug. Typically no-one believed I had a vomiting bug so they refused to cover my shift thinking I was just hangover. Made it to about 10pm before I passed out from vomiting so much. Woke up on a hospital stretcher in the A&E department I was supposed to be checking people into.

Few days later the manager made some snide comment about having too much to drink and not being fit to work. Had great fun pulling my casualty card out've the drawer and accusing her of endangering the health of myself and the rest of the A&E staff...the look on her face as she profusely apologised was excellent. I left the job soon after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

While at funderland a few years ago all of my friends except for 1 had gotten sick.

This guy was very pleased with himself and thought he was just the dogs bollox. He went and got some cotton candy to prove he was feeling fine. When he ordered it this old (very old) woman gave it to him.
    After his first bite I told him the reason the candy was extra fluffy was because the old (very old) woman had but some of her "carpet" hair in it.
    He looked at the candy on the stick and turned green.

We each hi-5'd each other as he puked on the counter.:pac:

The puke flowed over the counter and into the cotton candy machine, shooting it up into the air in a spray, covering everything.
    We had to drag him away before we got in some serious trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Junior cert Sience exam. I had a terrible tummy bug and was in and out of the classroom every five minutes I'd say! Luckily the examiner was very understanding and the loo was only just outside the door.

I was fine the next day although exhausted. And I managed to pass the exam (just about!) which I'm quite proud of because if you saw the state of me!

Lucky you passed Sience to make up for your Eglish exam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Some excellent stories here, I'm still having flashbacks to my five hour nightmare trip. Keep them coming :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Coming home from a school trip to Paris when I was about 13, I'm not sure if I got food poisoning or just made a complete pig of myself on the boat but it was the worst, smelliest and most painful bout of vomiting I have ever endured..

The bus driver kept having to stop en route back from Rosslare to Meath, he eventually got sick of stopping and gave me a big bag to puke into.. So the bus stank all the way home.. Needless to say I was everyone's best friend by the time we got home!! It was mortifying :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

dropping my daughter to school, i pucked up right outside her school:eek: in the street:eek:, i was 6 weeks pregnant with my second child, morning sickness.:mad:

Morning sickness on the bus, geting of the bus, in shops, at work, i was that bad i burst all the blood vessls in my face, neck, eyes and lips. I was put into hospital to be rehydrated.

Oh yeh

i once drank a straight vodka and puked it back into my lap (in the middle of a bar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I went out for my boyfriend's Mum's birthday last month. The night started great but later on in the night my boyfriend's father kept buying drinks and then moved on to spirits. I was drinking quite fast to try and keep up but I felt really sick. Last thing I remember was sitting in the toilet of the pub floor with my boyfriend's mum puking my guts up. They wont let me live it down haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Lucky you passed Sience to make up for your Eglish exam.

Erm....what?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I used to suffer from migraines as a teenager and used to get sent home from school regularly.

One day I'd just returned from lunch at home. I'd had a cup of vegetable soup and bread. I felt a migraine coming and within about 5 minutes I'd projectile vomited the remnants of the soup and bread all over my desk. I was promptly sent home again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Two bad ones:

1. Puking all over myself and I mean all over myself. Then spending about half an hour on a packed bus full of drunk teenagers when I was about 15.

2. Puking and emptying my bowles simultaneously after a bad dose of gastroenteritis only to find the water was off that day and my sexy housemate had to use the bathroom after me. Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Brendog wrote: »
    While at funderland a few years ago all of my friends except for 1 had gotten sick.

This guy was very pleased with himself and thought he was just the dogs bollox. He went and got some cotton candy to prove he was feeling fine. When he ordered it this old (very old) woman gave it to him.
    After his first bite I told him the reason the candy was extra fluffy was because the old (very old) woman had but some of her "carpet" hair in it.
    He looked at the candy on the stick and turned green.

We each hi-5'd each other as he puked on the counter.:pac:

The puke flowed over the counter and into the cotton candy machine, shooting it up into the air in a spray, covering everything.

We had to drag him away before we got in some serious trouble.

That didn't really happen, did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I went to primary school with a politicians son. He had a birthday party and i got sick all over his kitchen floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Littlegirllost

my worst was on holiday in Greece, outside a fancy restaurant with loads of people around! ran off then, was awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Alcoholism has to be the most entertaining disease ever.

Morning after a one night stand and a very very heavy night...I wake up to this guy trying to get frisky again, feeling fine I go along with it then all of a sudden my hangover hits me like a f*cking freight train and I can feel the puke making it's way up. So I push him off on to the floor and manage to get out the word "toilet" before the puke starts to fill my mouth and I'm holding it in with all I can. His room was on the top floor of a 3 storey flat, and ofcourse the only toilet was on the ground floor (genius idea that is...) so he leads the way down the stairs, not in too much of a rush because he had no idea just what was about to happen. Got to the 2nd floor and I couldn't hold it no more so it flies out my mouth hitting him square in the back and the head, all over the stairs, walls, everything!
    After I eventually made it to the toilet and let the rest do it's thing, gave my mouth a wash out with water and washed my face a bit, go back up to his room to lie down and die because I had to wait on my friend coming round for me because I didn't even know where I was...I lie down on the bed and he comes back in, just whips off his puked cover tshirt and gives his head a wipe with the clean side of it, the just gets back into the bed the try and get some again! Like seriously...does nothing put guys off getting a bit of action?!?? I stank, he stank thanks to me, and I hadnt even brushed my teeth or nothing after puking so I'm guessing my mouth stank like something fierce! I wouldn't have touched me with a barge pole!!

Or there was the time I actually threw up while having sex...that constant rocking motion with a stomach full of a very sensible mixture or cheap wine, tequila, sambuca and corona is definately not a winning combination :D Although it wasn't my bed so it was ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Morning after a one night stand and a very very heavy night...I wake up to this guy trying to get frisky again, feeling fine I go along with it then all of a sudden my hangover hits me like a f*cking freight train and I can feel the puke making it's way up. So I push him off on to the floor and manage to get out the word "toilet" before the puke starts to fill my mouth and I'm holding it in with all I can. His room was on the top floor of a 3 storey flat, and ofcourse the only toilet was on the ground floor (genius idea that is...) so he leads the way down the stairs, not in too much of a rush because he had no idea just what was about to happen. Got to the 2nd floor and I couldn't hold it no more so it flies out my mouth hitting him square in the back and the head, all over the stairs, walls, everything!
    After I eventually made it to the toilet and let the rest do it's thing, gave my mouth a wash out with water and washed my face a bit, go back up to his room to lie down and die because I had to wait on my friend coming round for me because I didn't even know where I was...I lie down on the bed and he comes back in, just whips off his puked cover tshirt and gives his head a wipe with the clean side of it, the just gets back into the bed the try and get some again! Like seriously...does nothing put guys off getting a bit of action?!?? I stank, he stank thanks to me, and I hadnt even brushed my teeth or nothing after puking so I'm guessing my mouth stank like something fierce! I wouldn't have touched me with a barge pole!!

Or there was the time I actually threw up while having sex...that constant rocking motion with a stomach full of a very sensible mixture or cheap wine, tequila, sambuca and corona is definately not a winning combination :D Although it wasn't my bed so it was ok!

I find this post more than a bit sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Some great stories here:D. The worst most violent puking I've ever experienced was travelling to hospital suffering from migraine at 9wks pregnant. God it was awful! The worst journey ever! The lights, the motion! I had my head in a plastic bag the whole way and my head was throbbing. All they could give me in casualty was a paracetamol suppository.

I had a really bad chest infection once. I was at work and this girl was telling me a big long serious story about her granny being ill or something and I took a fit of coughing, one of those tickly throat ones where you're choking. I couldn't stop to say anything to her about my predicament:(.
    I had my hand across my mouth trying to keep my stomach down. I couldn't bring myself to run off and leave her there with her eyes full of tears so I just stood there barking into my head, my eyes streaming. Then I felt the dreaded, here it's coming up my neck sensation:(...and my mouth filled with puke...and I was still coughing.. The girl without changing her tone said 'are you getting sick?' I frantically nodded, eyes streaming and puke pumping into my mouth and nose....'you'd better go to the toilet then'. I dashed to the toilet passing surprised co-workers, projectile vomit spewing from me the whole way. By the time I got to the bowl it was finished:o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Apologies for posting this, but it's the best vomiting scene I've ever seen.

Z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

THIS is the best puke scene ever ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bthYce-LsNQ

Back in 2005 when I threw up on a bus going from Listowel to Limerick. Part of an anxiety attack.

From 1993 to 2004 I hadn't been sick even once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

when i worked in ski resorts i was ****ing liquid while puking in to the shower at the same time while laughing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The worst puke I ever had was when I was in college. I'd drank a fair bit and was being ill when my jaw decided to stick open (this happens occasionally and it takes about 6 hours to click back in). Being sick when you can't spit all the yuck out is extra horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭Babalons

In the Guinness Store house.... on every floor on the way through the tour! Then up the lift to the sky bar, half an pint of lovely stout later back in the lift and BLAH!

A great second day of my yank cousins hols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Superbus wrote: »
    Middle of a football match, while I had the ball.

Similar but I didn't have the ball. The manager told me not to leave the pitch and to get sick ON it!

Another one was drunk in a mates house, I was very sensitive about it...got it all over the walls and such - I barely remember a thing but his sister remembers cleaning it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

A few years ago, I was at a family wedding in Madrid. It was a very swanky affair. The reception was in the Ritz with silver service, each table had their own butler etc., now... the open bar should have rang alarm bells (irish+open bar= disaster). So me and some older cousins decided it would be best if we started to do some tequila shots, as you do. After breaking through the language barrier with the bar man we had a quiet understanding for the remainder of the evening!

I was only 16 at the time. So i was really badly hammered come home time (we weren't staying in the Ritz, instead, in some cheap place over the other side of the city)

As far as I was concerned, I got a taxi home, went to my room and went to bed where i slept soundly until the next morning. Turns out, I did nothing of the sort.

I woke up the next morning to face a room covered in puke and... other stuff.... :o Luckily i was in a room on my own... Turns out, however, I was still very drunk. I tried to clean it up with the bed sheets, my clothes, towels and anything else i could find. I didn't know what to do with them so I hid them in the wardrobe and went back to bed.

I went out later that day and when I came back the room was spotless clean and my clothes were dry cleaned and left in a neat pile on my bed.

Needless to say I got a knock at the door a few minutes later with my not very impressed mother on the other side.

Never been as drunk since. :o

bigneacy wrote: »
    A few years ago, I was at a family wedding in Madrid. It was a very swanky affair. The reception was in the Ritz with silver service, each table had their own butler etc., now... the open bar should have rang alarm bells (irish+open bar= disaster). So me and some older cousins decided it would be best if we started to do some tequila shots, as you do. After breaking through the language barrier with the bar man we had a quiet understanding for the remainder of the evening!

I was only 16 at the time. So i was really badly hammered come home time (we weren't staying in the Ritz, instead, in some cheap place over the other side of the city)

As far as I was concerned, I got a taxi home, went to my room and went to bed where i slept soundly until the next morning. Turns out, I did nothing of the sort.

I woke up the next morning to face a room covered in puke and... other stuff.... :o Luckily i was in a room on my own... Turns out, however, I was still very drunk. I tried to clean it up with the bed sheets, my clothes, towels and anything else i could find. I didn't know what to do with them so I hid them in the wardrobe and went back to bed.

I went out later that day and when I came back the room was spotless clean and my clothes were dry cleaned and left in a neat pile on my bed.

Needless to say I got a knock at the door a few minutes later with my not very impressed mother on the other side.

Never been as drunk since. :o

Like something out of spud in trainspotting :)

I hope you bought her something nice for that?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

The worst bout of vomiting I had was when I got food poisoning. Luckily I was at home but it went on from about 7pm to 3am, I was in bits and it was so painful :eek: Previous to that I hadn't been sick for 8 years, ruined a good record! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Most embarrassing eh? I don't get easily embarrassed and I can shake off most of my horrible social faux pas of puking and other drunken antics, but this memory sticks out in my mind as being the most embarrassing for me, and I felt terrible after it. Wasn't even on the sauce as well.

When I was much younger, maybe around 10 or 11, it was the day after Easter and my good friend at the time invited me along with his family to Courtown. With images of mini golfin' my day away at Pirates Cove I was most up for it. So he arrived and I hopped in the car fairly lively.

The drive was going grand but after about 30 minutes I felt a little sick. Didn't think much of it because I was so excited about the little trip. About 10 minutes later I felt a little sick again and had a little burp to clear my tummy.

Que instant projectile vomiting of about 6 easter eggs I had eaten the day before. I covered the back of the driver's seat, the floor and most of the surrounding area in a thick brown slurry of chocolate vomit.

It just kept coming. Never ending. The smell of chocolate vomit was a very, very odd smell. Sweet, rich and yet absolutely disgusting at the same time.

They pulled in at the side of the road and I continued my nasty brown chocolately vomiting for a further 5 minutes. They turned the car around and dropped little ole pukey me home. I felt like an absolute tosspot and thought I ruined their whole day, but they told me I was grand and were really understanding but I still felt dire about the whole ordeal.

They journey'd on to Courtown and still had a great day I was told and I sat at home and was puking nothing but stomach acid intermitedly for the rest of the day.

I don't eat much easter eggs nowadays anymore. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I was 14 and out camping. Managed to knock back 3 naggins of vodka in about half an hour... spent the rest of the night outside the tent, rolling around in muck and rain and puking everywhere. There was an upside though, I somehow managed to puke in the shoes of a girl I didn't like. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

The day I finished school, 700ml bottle of jager worth of jager bombs, thats about all I know. Apparently I was face down in a gutter when this girl I had only known a few days helped me for about 3 hours then brought me home.

The next summer, we were drinking in the same girls house, I was drunk and tried to cook a pizza, pretty much ate the thing raw, I went up stairs with her, and was just getting into the swing of things i just said ' Oh sh*t im gonna get sick' and ran to the toilet, a few minutes later I washed out my mouth with mouthwash and went back into her, 30 seconds later im back in the toilet getting sick again, she follows suit but made me go downstairs to the other toilet because she wouldnt get sick infront of me. I got sick on the stairs and then made it tto the toilet. Crawled back upstairs and she was asleep in the toilet. Fun times

After narrowly avoiding vomiting on a student (and I didn't at all in the end - be warned don't eat a banana on an empty stomach of 7-8 hours), I figured I should revive this thread. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Worst: A stomach bug after weeks of being on a cocktail of two really strong antibiotics in high dosage for an ear abscess, as well as loads of painkillers (such impeccable timing!) My stomach was already in shreds and I had a really weakened immune system, so I got that bug BAAAAAD. Face definitely turned green and I was puking blood. Retching was so violent my whole body was actually thrown forward. It was really, really scary...

Most embarrassing: None. All of my public pukings have been the epitome of refined dignity. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

When in 5th year I puked on the school bus, just after it took off (we had another 20 mins to go). I sat behind the driver to kind of get some air from his open window, but it wasn't enough...I vomitted all over the the floor, leading down the the front steps - and the next group of school kids had to walk over it on the way in:p

I also puked all over a friend's car on a night out when I turned 18...first time I was really, really drunk - not so embarrassing because I don't remember anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Years ago when working in Germany after a night drinking Sekt (at DM1 per bottle you couldn't fault it) an Italian lad made spaghetti bolognese. I wolfed it down and about five minutes later it came right back up again. I was hanging over the sink with spaghetti hanging out of my mouth and the other end still somewhere in my throat trying to spew it up. Eventually pulled it all out with my hand.

That is brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Was staying in hostel in Australia and we were all playing a drinking game called pyrimids, anyone who has played it will know at the end you get on the bus and the only way you can get off is to successfully guess higher or lower for 5 cards, and if you get it wrong you have to skull your drink and start again, needless to say after spending quite sometime on the bus I staggered off to my room and pebble dashed the bed :o Had to pay 120 dollar soil charge too :mad:

The most embarrassing was on a Bus Éireann bus from Listowel to Limerick about 5/6 years ago, I threw up just as the bus was entering the station in Limerick. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Food poisoning. During an 11-hour flight from LA to Shannon. I was 12 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Oh YES!!! This is MY THREAD.

I am the master of vomming. Like I vomit, anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

I call them my "sociable voms." Like I could have two beers, I'll puke, feel fine and then puke the next day. Worst. Tummy. Ever.

Here are my favourite, choice voms:

Out the window of my 5th floor apartment, woken up by a knock on the door from our superintendent screaming in Spanish about the vom. NATURALLY I denied everything (there was such a clear vom trail out my window to the pavement,) but I somehow got away with it.

When I was 17 serving a customer over the counter, nipped down behind the counter, had a cheeky vom in the bin and hopped back up.

Left work early once because I was hungover, the subway home was running express, meaning it didn't stop. So I had to vom and I had nothing but my scarf. I made a little kerchief from my scarf and vommed into it. LOCKING eyes with a middle-aged woman across the way. Neither of us would back down. So she stared into my soul as I vommed.

We have a special bowl in my house for when I can't make it to the loo. The vom bowl.

I have enjoyed sharing my voms with you. I think we've gotten closer as a result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement