Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flower C&C.. Which do you prefer?

• 13-09-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

About to drop off...

DEA21A5E350646D0B8D8800F58044DED-0000330667-0001916013-00800L-F1113B0C453C460B96044A2CAF9E37A9.jpg

or

Droplets

2B424B082E404E28A01124D4CF7044DF-0000330667-0001863000-00800L-458A1F2C1D444581827804DFDA121DAB.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    Susie :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

There's room for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Number 2 without an ounce of a doubt (for me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Number 2 without an ounce of a doubt (for me)
    Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

The first for me, but there's not much in it - I like both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

Number two for me, I have no idea why though...

If you don't mind explaining briefly, how did you shoot them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

I think number 1 is probably the best from a purely classical point of view but number 2 has more interest/energy due to the differential focus technique- both nice shots though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

number 2! i like the angle and brighter colours in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Yeah both are great,but no2 for me. Sorry no cc to give.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

number one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

number 2, love the tones in it. Number one is still really nice though, but lacks number 2's punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Number 2 definitely catches my eye more, the first one is perfectly fine but less character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

John wrote: »
    Number 2 definitely catches my eye more, the first one is perfectly fine but less character.

this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Number 2 is the better shot imo. more interesting perspective. Also I think the water drop on 1 is just out of focus which takes away from the shot. I'd be happy haven taken either mind :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Both very nice & I like both.

#1 is a more orthodox shot whereas #2 is much more creative. I too prefer the more creative shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Both excellent but prefer 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Of the two I prefer #2 but......... there is something uneasy with them..... i'm not sure what but i'm seeing something that the brain is telling me isn't quite right about them (hah! my brain is known to be completely wrong too :D).

I'll look back later and see if I can figure.

Both very nice shots though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

1 is very nice, but 2 definetely is the best, lovely bokeh + the drops are fantastic..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Both of these are really nice well done. What was your set up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Lovely shots Susie, I like them both.

Did you use flash on the first one?

Also did you up the saturation in the second one?

well done

Would also be curious to see how you did these shots.

The second one is my favourite. The strength and variance of the colour through the image is really good. Folowers are supposed to be colourful and it looks really well here, in my opinion.

The first one is noce, too, but I just prefer the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PicturePerfect

My pick would be the second one as well!
    Like the colours in the background. Seems more natural than just the black background.

Must say though that I prefer the falling drop on #1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Thank you all for your opinions and help... Was away for a few weeks so didn't get to reply... ;):rolleyes:

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Of the two I prefer #2 but......... there is something uneasy with them..... i'm not sure what but i'm seeing something that the brain is telling me isn't quite right about them (hah! my brain is known to be completely wrong too :D).

I'll look back later and see if I can figure.

Both very nice shots though.

Did it come to you yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Tell us about your set up Susie and how you processed them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

SusieQue wrote: »
    Did it come to you yet

Don't mind him Susie, he's just having a CMod Moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

CabanSail wrote: »
    Don't mind him Susie, he's just having a CMod Moment!

more and more of them in recent times...... gah :pac: :pac: :pac:
    SusieQue wrote: »
    Did it come to you yet

Is it later yet :eek:

( sorry, lots of things got in the way, and once it went beyond the moment, that was it - all forgotten :( )

I think what I was seeing was the water droplets are almost unbelievable on them - #1 in particular. Maybe even slightly defying gravity on that one. One side of my brain says "woo pretty colours, nice focus, interesting composition, interesting framing" and the other side says "something wrong here captain, water doesn't actually settle like that". Of course you've captured it like that so I dunno, maybe its just a bit of surrealism.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I like the colour of the centre part of the flower more in the 2nd one the different colours remind me of cheetahs spots :)

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    more and more of them in recent times...... gah :pac: :pac: :pac:

Is it later yet :eek:

( sorry, lots of things got in the way, and once it went beyond the moment, that was it - all forgotten :( )

I think what I was seeing was the water droplets are almost unbelievable on them - #1 in particular. Maybe even slightly defying gravity on that one. One side of my brain says "woo pretty colours, nice focus, interesting composition, interesting framing" and the other side says "something wrong here captain, water doesn't actually settle like that". Of course you've captured it like that so I dunno, maybe its just a bit of surrealism.

:o

I hear/see what you are saying... I may have gone a tad OTT with the sharpening :o

Tell us about your set up Susie and how you processed them?

Sorry Diabhal_Glas... Will get to reply yo this soon.. was away for a few weeks now on serious catch up on course work so can't get distracted... I'll be back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I was on a [virtual] holiday for a month :D SO never seen this thread.

I much prefer the 2nd one. That is the same one you had on display in the shopping centre recently? Looks even better in print ;)

Advertisement