Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

+++ Stoke v Aston Villa +++

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Dive of the year from Pennant for the free there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

:pac:
    Glad I watched this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

WTF is it with us and Stoke? :(

Disastrous performance, ****e result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

GEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Delighted for Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Happy for Pulis. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ah **** this bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

amacachi wrote: »
    Dive of the year from Pennant for the free there.
    Absolutely sensational

Anyone who did Villa HT-Stoke FT will be laughing their arse off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Oh wow, better side in 2nd half so deserved it.

Absolutely sensational

Had to laugh at the commentator after the goal talking about about needless free kicks, I really can't see how he could've made any better attempt at getting out of the way, a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fúck you to hell Villa. Just cost me the last leg of a 6 way accum. Game should have been put to bed in the first half.

I'm off to get sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what an end to the game

had a feeling the lack of a second goal was going to hurt - didnt expect 2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Terrible terrible result, why the hell can't we close games out.

Its going to be a very long season and GH is going to have to hit the ground running.

Oh god its hard to support Villa at times, still though better than just been a glory hunter I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Sickening. Terrible second half. Some of our players really need a cattle prodding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Stoke should be alright this season - they were unfortunate to be on no points before this game!

Houllier's got a job on his hands with Villa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Aidric wrote: »
    Fúck you to hell Villa. Just cost me the last leg of a 6 way accum. Game should have been put to bed in the first half.

I'm off to get sick.

Lol, you didn't deserve to win it backing anybody away at Stoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I felt that Villa should of brought on subs earlier, Im blue in the face from saying it but Ashley Young is far less effective playing behind the striker, why the fcuk does the person in charge not realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Esse85 wrote: »
    I felt that Villa should of brought on subs earlier, Im blue in the face from saying it but Ashley Young is far less effective playing behind the striker, why the fcuk does the person in charge not realise this.

Because there is no one in charge.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nice.

Yes, because Stoke had been playing so well so far this season. I was also factoring in the new manager bounce, naively as it transpired. Villa should have killed the game off by half time in all honesty.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Because there is no one in charge.
    MON was playing him there pre-season and KMD has continued this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sooooouuund.

Nice.

Yes, because Stoke had been playing so well so far this season. I was also factoring in the new manager bounce, naively as it transpired. Villa should have killed the game off by half time in all honesty.

Since they returned to the Premier League under Tony Pulis they had only lost 11 of 39 games at home before tonights game.

So its just dumb to back against them at home in a single bet never mind an accum.

Since they returned to the Premier League under Tony Pulis they had only lost 11 of 39 games at home before tonights game.

So its just dumb to back against them at home in a single bet never mind an accum.
    Thanks for the stat update. Already outlined why I plumped for them tonight.

Troll on you crazy diamond. :rolleyes:

Cos this guy is always right.....

Thanks for the stat update. Already outlined why I plumped for them tonight.

Troll on you crazy diamond. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for the way it sounded there. I don't mean to insult, it just drives me crazy when people throw away money to the bookies.

Sorry for the dumb comment, I was saying the bet is dumb. I'm not saying your are dumb, the wording was wrong and I shouldn't have used the word dumb.

Its just that statistically you are going to lose a lot of money over time betting on things like that.

I'm sorry for the way it sounded there. I don't mean to insult, it just drives me crazy when people throw away money to the bookies.

Sorry for the dumb comment, I was saying the bet is dumb. I'm not saying your are dumb, the wording was wrong and I shouldn't have used the word dumb.

Its just that statistically you are going to lose a lot of money over time betting on things like that.
    It was merely a €4 accum but it would have yielded €270. Not a big amount by any means so it ain't the end of the world.

I didn't consider the bet to be dumb. If I did then I wouldn't have placed it would I? The hardest part is usually getting the draw up which I did yesterday.

Apology accepted. There was definitely an element of rubbing the saxa in there and that's not what someone who's just been denied at the death needs to hear.

It was merely a €4 accum but it would have yielded €270. Not a big amount by any means so it ain't the end of the world.

I didn't consider the bet to be dumb. If I did then I wouldn't have placed it would I? The hardest part is usually getting the draw up which I did yesterday.

Apology accepted. There was definitely an element of rubbing the saxa in there and that's not what someone who's just been denied at the death needs to hear.

Yeah it did sound that way and again I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean it that way at all.

Advertisement