Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncers of Crawdaddy

Options
  • 13-09-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Apologies if I got the wrong section.

Many people I know were at a gig in Crawdaddy on Saturday last (11th). As the gig was about to end, bouncers supposedly took an overly-aggressive stance on particular audience members. I wasn't there so I can't speak for definite but I do know people were injured afterwards and the singer of Home Star Runner (it was their gig) was arrested and released following an alleged punch on his girlfriend from one of the bouncers.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had encountered problems with any of the bouncers there before at a gig or a nightout?

Much of this has been discussed here but a better summary would probably be here or here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

s , that video looks mad , fair play to the dude who shot it on the ball thinking by him

so was one of the band members assaultedå

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

To my knowledge, noone from the band was hurt. Closest thing was the singer being handcuffed and put in a cell and let go an hour later after he went mad at seeing his girlfriend punched.

to be honest i would do the same

iv have had bouncers up the front

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

Also, just to give my personal experience of the day: I went to the earlier gig which was all-ages (the later being over 18s). I didn't witness any bouncer hostility, only two instances of one of them coming in and telling someone to get down off of someone else's shoulders and another time getting someone down from crowdsurfing. It was strange because there was a lot more dangerous stuff going on like push-moshing and kids jumping off the balcony. Perhaps it was only because there were about two bouncers during that shift that there wasn't much trouble or maybe it was only a certain bouncer that instigated it all (maybe it wasn't even a bouncer, I dunno).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

/ thread closed. Not really a gig or an event and already people have turned it into a all bouncers are arseholes spectacle.

I won't delete it and if anyone has any info please PM the OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement