Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a direct bus from NUIG to GMIT ?

Options
  • 13-09-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Is there a direct bus from NUIG to GMIT ?
    Or do you have to change at Eyre Square ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

The 2E goes from outside NUIG to GMIT, not all of the number 2 buses keep going after town though so check the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Bloody double-jobbing lecturers :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ah now. You could be right, but I'd still be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, I have heard of an odd Course that have dealings with both Colleges. Based in G.M.I.T. with the Qualification being awarded by NUIG or something like that, so I would imagine some time on NUIG would be a pre-requisite. Also I reckon there are a few even if a small number of "other" Students who use NUIG Library .....

Be careful with the 2E though. Get off at the stop just before the Dawn Dairies - mostly it turns right just after there and rarely it will go straight and turn at the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭redeight

Actually I am living near NUIG and studying at GMIT.
    Do you really think that lecturers would get on a bus ? With that salary a stretch limo would be more the thing.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Carolanne..

its the lisbeg lawn one, or the newcastle bus goes straight to merlin , again check it doesnt just stop at the sq

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Be careful with the 2E though. Get off at the stop just before the Dawn Dairies - mostly it turns right just after there and rarely it will go straight and turn at the roundabout.

Bus Eireann have kindly provided a stop just after Dawn Dairies for all those of us who realise too late that the bus is now moving away from the college!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

moonflower wrote: »
    The 2E goes from outside NUIG to GMIT, not all of the number 2 buses keep going after town though so check the timetable.

Indeed. (Assuming you mean the Dublin Rd campus, not Cluain Mhurie - for which the answer is "no".)

Most of the 4's that leave from Newcastle run as 4e through to Merlin Park. They go all the way down past the NUIG campus. But as with the 2's, check the timetable - and also the sign on front of the bus: sometimes the timetable shows a through routes that don't actually run in practice.

NUIG area map.

The nice thing about the 4s is that you don't have to worry about the Dawn Dairies stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

They all cross over. The 2's and 4's go to Newcastle and the 5 from Ballybane side goes to Westside. Sure if you got into town you could easily walk ten minutes out to the college.

Advertisement