Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating sewer pipes 1 metre below garden

• 13-09-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Well any ideas? I know where they start and finish and I know they don't go in a straight line.

Any ideas on how to locate their path at that depth?

Probably full of water too.

The plunger got stuck today so major problem on the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If you can find where it joins the main sewer, or if it goes to a percolation tank and you know where, then finding the pipe shouldn't be too difficult

Is it a connection to a main sewer or do you have a septic tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Its to a percolation area, its not the sewer from the bog but the rain water runoff and the water from the bath, shower, kitchen sink etc. Trouble is its not a straight line. It takes a turn somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

There is a probe you can screw onto the end of sewer rods that can be located then by a detector which will trace the sewer line.

You can hire them from a tool hire store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

^^^ As snyper said handiest way is renting a cable avoidance tool ( called a CAT) with a signal generator. you will be able to detect the location then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Thanks guys thats exactly the device I was looking for. I will ring the tool hire stores later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement