Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a carpet shampooer

Options
  • 13-09-2010 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Galway you can rent one of those machines for shampooing carpets? I'd prefer to rent a machine and do it myself on my own time than have to arrange for someone to come out and do it.
    Anyone ever done this? If so - what was the damage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Woodies in Wellpark. 25 euro to rent it for one night, 30 for two....and whatever the cost of the detergent is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I used the one from B&Q, well worth it.
    Just get a small bottle of shampoo, they last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Cheers guys, that hss site look like they deliver and pickup the machine, which would be perfect (no car)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I've got one I've used only twice if you've any interest in buying it at a knockdown price....PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

Cheers guys, that hss site look like they deliver and pickup the machine, which would be perfect (no car)

Reserve it online, for a weekend --> get €10 off.

43.72 for a weekend - 10 = 33.72 (one days rental is 35).

Longer time for you and cheaper.

T&C's:
    *£10 Off when you reserve online - Minimum hire value of £40. Discount does not apply to OneCall products, equipment sales or consumables. Discount applied at the end of the hire. For ROI €10 Off when you reserve online - Minimum hire value of €40. All prices quoted are ex VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Poco90

Got the one from B&Q myself before. To be honest I didn't think it did a great job. The water gets nice and dirty but I didn't see any visible difference in the carpet. I used it on a lightly soiled carpet in my hall way. I did follow the instructions and used the correct cleaning solution.

I wouldn't mind, my dad had rented one before and told me that he didn't think it was great, he also mentioned about the dirty water. If only I listened to him :)
    Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Have used the rug doctor a good few times now - think they are BQ, Woodies and Homebase - always had great results. Poster says previously that they didn't see much difference - can only think they were using it on a dark carpet and couldn't notice much difference.

I would strongly recommend you get one. Go over the area a few times - it will get wetter but will dry fast.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The only problem I had with B&Qs rug doctor was that I was only going to use it on a small area but since it cleaned so well it left the uncleaned areas much darker - I had to do the entire room. Then did the rest of the house while I was at it.

Tbh it took a while to get the hang of soaking the carpet "just right".

Google it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Sweet, I'll give one of these a go too, I'm in a house with *filthy* carpets. It's bloody disgusting. Is the B&Q one a rental, or one you buy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement