Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite broadband

Options
  • 13-09-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hello everybody, was wondering if anybody knew of any satellite broadband providers covering dungarvan and surrounding areas? i am living in maol a choirne and currently use eircom 3mb package. thing is i want to get rid of the house phone but will also lose the internet in the process:(
    eircom have the most useless and ignorant shower working in customer care,that is when you eventually get through to an actual living breathing person:mad: they have an extremely poor service and the speeds are a joke,nowhere near those advertised(yes i do realise that advertised speeds are only aproximate).
    anway they can only give me a 30gb download limit on the 3mb package and 50gb limit on the 7mb package,number one you cannot get 7mb download speed in maol a choirne,number two 50gb is a laughable download limit. i am looking for a good satellite broadband provider that has no download limit(or at least 250gb) per month.:(
    any help or helpful suggestions will be appreciated.also as an off topic perhaps anyone reading this could also read my other post on nct emissions failure and offer some advice please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

http://www.speedtest.net/result/952964271.png just did a test on the wireless connection and this is what i got. supposed to be 3mbps so good enough result but why is upload so slow? looked into satellite broadband and yes there are a few companies that will do it but the installation costs are around 700euro total and i will be damned if i'm gonna pay anybody that these days to stick up a satallite dish:eek:

Advertisement