Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display Gone!

Options
  • 13-09-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi. I was just using my laptop, playing age of empires, when the screen suddenly went black. I can see very faintly if I do some things on the screen, it's as if the brightness has been turned down all the way. Everything else seems to be working fine. I can operate by using a projector plugged into the laptop but unfortunately the screen seems to be shagged.

Any ideas what happened? Is there any hope that this is just some sort of a display or driver issue and not that I've just fried my screen?

And are screens expensive to replace? (compaq presario CQ60)

Thanks
    L@3

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Backlight has died, either itself, or its inverter, or the cabling going between them and power. The inverter's the usual suspect. I doubt the panel itself is damaged in any way.

Advertisement