Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

library help

Options
  • 13-09-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

sorry for stupid question, but how does one actually borrow a book from the library? I saw the express checkout and they seem simple enough but is this the only way? I dont want to chace carrying a book out as i hear there is an alarm system. Finally do you require a pin number in order to borrow books, I never got one...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

dynamot wrote: »
    sorry for stupid question, but how does one actually borrow a book from the library? I saw the express checkout and they seem simple enough but is this the only way? I dont want to chace carrying a book out as i hear there is an alarm system. Finally do you require a pin number in order to borrow books, I never got one...

Thanks in advance.
    To borrow a book just go to the counter marked Loans. It's the counter just to the left of the express machines.

To get a pin just ask either at the information desk or the Loans desk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You don't really need a PIN. Afaik it is mostly for external readers. As a student, if you log in to your UCD Connect account and go from there to the Library website via My Account (tell it to stay logged in), it won't ask for a PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

dynamot wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

"During the first two weeks of term there will be tours of the James Joyce Library covering Arts, Business, Human Science and Law. Tours start at the New Student Information Desk at the times below:

Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 11am and 3pm

Wednesdays: 11am and 5:15pm"

Probably won't do wonders for your pride, but still well worth it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

Telchak wrote: »
    "During the first two weeks of term there will be tours of the James Joyce Library covering Arts, Business, Human Science and Law. Tours start at the New Student Information Desk at the times below:

Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 11am and 3pm

Wednesdays: 11am and 5:15pm"

Probably won't do wonders for your pride, but still well worth it :p

definitely well worth it. Take the tour at the start of term, and make sure to ask questions about the subjects you're studying and where relevant materials are located. You don't need to be figuring this out when you've got a deadline looming! They'll prob show you how to use the self service machines during the tour.

Advertisement