Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest (minimum 3MB) Fixed Line Broadband

• 13-09-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking to get fixed line broadband line in Monasterevin (Minimum 3MB. I already have a phone line but it's currently not in use.

Will I have to pay a reconnection fee for the phone line?

Who is offering the cheapest package including line rental and what providers should be avoided?

Is there somewhere all the packages can be compared? Have been looking at Eircom, Vodafone, Imagine, Smart etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

You may need to avoid vodafone their customer care are clueless when something goes wrong other than that they are ok and probably one of the cheapest proivders out there digiweb and smart are also very good providers as they are the same company id go with them before going near vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thorfield

Pick Eircom, if you can. Picking somebody like vodafone, you end up dealing with 3 entities Voda who use BT and who use Eircom for the Local loop. If you have technical problems and they all point fingers at each other. With Eircom, the only can point the finger at themselves...
    Check out the Vodafone at Home forum on forum.vodafone.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Thats very true with vodafone mostly theey always point the finger at eircom then eircom blame voda best bet is to go with eircom if you believe you will have issues if not then other proivders are alot cheaper and dont block sites like eircom are now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

jay93 wrote: »
    Thats very true with vodafone mostly theey always point the finger at eircom then eircom blame voda best bet is to go with eircom if you believe you will have issues if not then other proivders are alot cheaper and dont block sites like eircom are now

I see this quite often, but from what I have seen, for an ADSL connection, say 3Mb/s, there appears to be little difference in prices ..... measured in cents.

Am I missing out on something or is the difference only apparent when the exchanges and line are capable of much better connections?

Puzzled .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Thanks for all the replys! Going by what people are saying I'll probably go with Eircom.

Anyone know how much the reconnection fee for the line would be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Eircom offering good deals for NGB at the minute for customers returning to them,call them and see if your area is upgraded to NGB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

zerks wrote: »
    Eircom offering good deals for NGB at the minute for customers returning to them,call them and see if your area is upgraded to NGB.

Will do cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

zerks wrote: »

Just remember you may not necessarily get the full "up to" speed, most only seem to get around 3/4M.
    Also, more importantly, they charge handsomely for going over their paltry upload/download caps.

Advertisement