Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork cycling groups

• 13-09-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭

Hi, i've been cycling for years but mostly around the 50-60km distance and only this summer have advanced to nearer the 100km mark. Last weekend did the 80km rebel cycle but want to go further and complete the 160 tour next year and also enter similiar tours in the munster area so just wondering if there are any weekend groups in the Cork area that i could join up with through out the winter and beyond.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

Murf85 and I cycle a lot together and are always welcoming of anyone else that wants to tag along. Our spins wouldn't generally be longer than 100/120k and start for the most part in Glanmire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Sounds good plastik, i live near the lough so just a short trip to glanmire, whereabouts do you usually head to, i tend to cycle around the kinsale, inishannon area so the 80 km rebel cycle last sat was on familiar roads.

We head a lot of different routes - Tallow, Macroom, Bandon, Kinsale, Carrigaline, Crosshaven, some climbing around Glounthane/Cobh - so essentially we end up going through town as often as we head other routes. We start early doors though, 8/8.30 usually, and more often than not on a Sunday morning. We have the odd few others that tag along also depending on who's around. Pace is probably 26/30 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Sounds good plastik, looking forward to joining in in the next week or 2, should be good!. i'll be in touch, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭murf85

Sounds good plastik, looking forward to joining in in the next week or 2, should be good!. i'll be in touch, cheers.

Right well after a very busy few weeks im back on the bike this weekend I hope.. Anyone around for a spin sunday morning from the city? 100km or there abouts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

Hi, i've been cycling for years but mostly around the 50-60km distance and only this summer have advanced to nearer the 100km mark. Last weekend did the 80km rebel cycle but want to go further and complete the 160 tour next year and also enter similiar tours in the munster area so just wondering if there are any weekend groups in the Cork area that i could join up with through out the winter and beyond.
    Carrighoun cycling club go out a lot.They start from Carrigaline court hotel I think,check out there website.http//carrighouncyclingclub.com/

I'm not around this weekend, staying in Dublin. Back down next weekend again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Post up when ye are going out again and I'll head out with ye.

Also if anyone is up for a mid week spin I may be interested too, nothing very strenuous, I'm pretty flexible with times....

Advertisement