Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car diagnostics

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

does anybody know of any garage around dungarvan that is capable of doing an engine diagnostic by plugging that computer thingy into the ecu?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Nearly everywhere I'd imagine. Most garages now all have to have diagnostic equipment. However, some cars needs specific equipment for the problems that are harder to track. What type of car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

it is a 1998 ford fiesta 1.25. not every garage has the machine as they are expensive and i want to go somewhere that actually knows how to use it and read the results correctly, i have met some amadan mechanics in my time that i would not give a wheelbarrow to fix;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If it's a 98 fiesta, any mechanic will have a simple diagnostic reader which will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

what is the normal charge for those diagnostic tests doc? bringing it down to the garage down the road in the morning to see if they can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 renevatio

hey

Does anyone knows how can come to car or where is diagnostics guys around Dublin 3.
    Ford Focus 1,6 is dead, Looks like fuel pump issue. Wont start engine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

renevatio wrote: »
    hey

Does anyone knows how can come to car or where is diagnostics guys around Dublin 3.
    Ford Focus 1,6 is dead, Looks like fuel pump issue. Wont start engine...

Maybe try the Dublin fourm?

Advertisement