Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elective missing

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had an elective disappear from their sisweb account.

I was sent an email confirming my place so it wasnt provisional and its still on my calendar so im pretty confused. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Something weird happened today and some of modules dissapeared from registration in SIS yet are still on my timetable. Got an email saying something about labs/tutorials being allocated and that this would happen. Think it said everything would be grand by Wednesday evening. I'm still kinda worried about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

I got an email saying certain courses were taken off registration while automatic registration of tutorials and labs is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Oh ok, thats fantastic.

In fact, now that you mention it there was some issues with tuts for this particular module.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I thought it was just me - thank goodness. Some of my labs and tuts have finally been allocated sometime today, but it is nowhere near complete yet.

I am doing Introduction to Statistical Modelling as a core module, and as an elective I am doing Introduction to Statistics for Science, Business, Medicine etc. - yes they are quite similar you could say but there were no incompatibilities listed when I was registering for the elective.

However, I have been assigned for a lab in the elective automatically. It is in the same room, at the exact same time, as the core module's labs (which haven't been assigned yet but we were told the possible times in yesterday's lecture). I'll know more when I get assigned to Intro to Statistical Modelling (core module) fully, but it is worrying to say the least - how can the same lab be for two courses (to top it off I am probably the only person that is registered for both courses). But there were no incompatibilites or time clashes listed when I registered for the elective, so I thought it was fair game.

Eugh the registration system in UCD can be such a headache at times.

I might have to speak to the program office if I don't figure it out soon. I'm doing Actuarial and Financial, so I'm not even sure where my program office is. People keep telling me it's the Quinn School, but I always thought it was Science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

how can the same lab be for two courses (to top it off I am probably the only person that is registered for both courses). But there were no incompatibilites or time clashes listed when I registered for the elective, so I thought it was fair game.

Lots of classes around UCD have people from several different programmes in them, I imagine that module is one of those. Things like statistics and research are pretty standard across lots of programmes so they do one big class instead of several small ones. Do they have two different module codes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement