Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet Club orange.....disgusting.

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Jesus this stuff is rank.

Thought i'd give it a go as im sick of drinking coke zero. Yuuuuccck!! Its sickly sweet & has a weird consistency, almost gloopy like syrup.

Nasty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have to say I love the stuff!, maybe you are too used to drinking coke zero which has no syrup at all, diet club orange is still around 8 or 9% orange juice so does have sugar in it. It is a bit syrupy tasting, but thats one thing I like, the orange bits.

I try and avoid diet cola as it has phosphoric acid, which is worse for you than the citric acid in most other diet drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

rubadub wrote: »
    Have to say I love the stuff!, maybe you are too used to drinking coke zero which has no syrup at all, diet club orange is still around 8 or 9% orange juice so does have sugar in it. It is a bit syrupy tasting, but thats one thing I like, the orange bits.

I try and avoid diet cola as it has phosphoric acid, which is worse for you than the citric acid in most other diet drinks.

Yeah but the thing is regular club orange doesn't have the same consistency at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think that Diet Club Orange is lovely. Much nicer than the normal Club Orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

isnt the latest that sugar free drinks mess with your brain

http://www.womentowomen.com/healthyweight/splenda.aspx
    Basically, artificial sweeteners confuse your brain. The enzymes in your mouth begin a cascade that primes your cell receptors for an insulin surge, and when it doesn’t arrive your brain feels cheated. That’s why most diet sodas are loaded with caffeine — so you’ll still feel a jolt.

But even if your brain is distracted momentarily, soon enough it wants the energy boost you promised it — and you find yourself craving carbohydrates. In one study, people who used artificial sweeteners ate up to three times the amount of calories as the control group. But again, this is individual. It all comes down to the brain’s perception of calories, which can get thrown off whenever artificial ingredients are substituted for whole food.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement