Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Year Project 4th yr-UL:Improving bad manul handling of patients in hospitals.

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Guys,

I am currently starting my Final year Project un UL and I am basing it on improving the manual handling of patients for both the patient and the Staff members E.g. porter, nurse, doctor, care attendant etc.

The areas I am looking at are:

• The sliding method for transfering patients from one bed to the next.
    • transferring patients from the bed to the camode or wheelchair etc.

I would love to hear some feedback on personal experiences people may have had from being in hospital themselves or from just general observations.

Any reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

it's spelt 'commode'.

Namely as a therapist I'v seen people lift clients under the armpits (where the axilla/ nerves/ brachial artery is). I 'v also seen people not put the brakes on the wheelchair when doing a hoist transfer.

Advertisement