Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Mobo, CPU and RAM

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Wheres the best place to get a mobo, cpu and ram as a bundle? Scan.co.uk have decent offers in their today only. Ebuyer seem ok, Overclockers, Komplett and HardwareEversand all seem a little overpriced.

I'm gunning for a i5/i7 on a mobo with dual graphics slots and about 6GB of DDR3 Ram.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

the places you have mentioned are probably your best option to be honest :)

if you go states side then your paying customs so that aint worth the hassle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

hmm, how about some recommended kit for my purposes?

My budget is about 400 euro. I could probably get away with 4GB RAM.

Ideally I'd like to go Intel but I would accept a shift to AMD if it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

I recommend this combination. i have this overclocked on stock cooler at 3.6ghz, temps are safe and its nice and fast.

Intel Core i5-760 Box 8192Kb, LGA1156

resource?articleId=36431&size=0
    Product Description: Intel Core i5 760 / 2.8 GHz processor
    Product Type: Processor
    Processor Type: Intel Core i5 760
    Verfügbarkeit: StdStock3.gif
    Art-Nr.: HV20I576DE

180,87 €
    incl. VAT and excl. shipping costs

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3, Intel P55, ATX, DDR3, PCI-Express

resource?articleId=29308&size=0
    Product Description: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 (rev. 1.0) - motherboard - ATX - iP55
    Product Type: Motherboard
    Form Factor: ATX
    Verfügbarkeit: StdStock6.gif
    Art-Nr.: HV1131ILDE

124,23 €

4GB-Kit G-Skill RipJaws PC3-12800U CL7

resource?articleId=29672&size=0
    Product Description: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - memory - 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3
    Storage Capacity: 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB
    Upgrade Type: Generic
    Verfügbarkeit: StdStock3.gif
    Art-Nr.: HV20G305DE

93,62 €

398,72 €

Nice, similar to what I am aiming for. How does that board measure up against an Asus P7P55D-E>?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

lazlo wrote: »
    Nice, similar to what I am aiming for. How does that board measure up against an Asus P7P55D-E>?
    The word on the web is that low-end P55 boards by Asus are fairly dodgy and Gigabyte's offerings are fairly good.

• Advertisement

I've been looking at this prebuilt bundle from Overclockers. With the H50 hydrocooler it comes in at around 550eur. Would I be just as well off with the build about from hardware eversand and clocking the rig myself?

Am I right in thinking that the Asus build from OC has better support for twin graphics cards?

Am I right in thinking that the Asus build from OC has better support for twin graphics cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

lazlo wrote: »
    link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement