Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat has upper respiratory infection after week in cattery

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

My precious has just spent the week in a nice cattery while i was away on hols.... i got back to find shes sick when i got her home....

how long does it take for her to get her over it?

Shes struggling to breathe..... Have had her with vet 3 times this weekend.....when will antibiotics start working..... shes a bad patient......

MG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

All you can really do is follow your vets instructions, keep her warm and confortable. If she is having serious problems breathing, ring the vet and ask for advice. They should be able to tell you if you need to be seen of if she is ok to stay at home. It can take anything from a day to a week for the antibiotics to appear to have any effect, but make sure to give all the course even if the cat seems better. As with people, chest infections can be hard to shift so nobody can really say how long she will have it for.

Have you rung the cattery and told them about the infection (and about when your vet has advised)? If not, you probably should to let the know. Even the cleanest, best kept boarding kennels and catteries can have bugs around, it's just one of those things.

Hope your cat is feeling better soon.

Advertisement