Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download 60 rock/metal mp3s for free!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I might check this out. I've heard of a massive three of those bands :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Malice_ wrote: »

Funnily enough, me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I've heard of a massive three of those bands :).

Me too! :pac:

My Ruin, Skinlab and Cephalic Carnage for me.

Also I did chuckle at "Chimp Spanner".

Thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've only heard a handfull myself but I've been impressed with some of the tracks already, its not bad at all.

• Advertisement

Few are good. Most are too "metalcore-y" for my liking though. Also I know it's free n'all, but would it have killed them to normalise the tracks? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

chin_grin wrote: »
    My Ruin, Skinlab and Cephalic Carnage for me.

Also I did chuckle at "Chimp Spanner".

Thanks OP!

My Ruin, Skinlab and The Autumn Offering for me.

**** out of the 60 tracks Ive found 2 amazing bands.
    well happy

easily one of my new favourite bands based on this track alone!

I've ordered their album from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea well, I'm gonna do what thousand's wouldn't and admit that I've never heard of any of these bands :p:)

... but will be giving this a spin later this evening. Many thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Whoops, I didn't even see My Ruin. Make that four bands so ;).
    My Ruin, Cephalic Carnage, Chelsea Grin and Skinlab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

enjoying this, some pretty decent stuff here and there I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've heard of four - if 'Before We Forget' are a Slipknot tribute band lol, nice play on words there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TNR

chin_grin wrote: »
    Few are good. Most are too "metalcore-y" for my liking though. Also I know it's free n'all, but would it have killed them to normalise the tracks? :D

No it wouldn't have killed us, we just don't do that with our own files. We offered them as the bands and labels intended them because that's how it would sound on the band's albums themselves. Besides, there's only one track out of 60 that isn't as loud as the others. Like you said, it is free to you and costing us money to offer it. You're welcome to normalize it yourself if it's that big of a deal. :)

As for those saying you don't know many of the bands...well, that's partially the point. We mixed lesser known bands with big names purposely to expose people to music they might not have heard of. You never know, you might find some stuff you like! There are bands in there from all over the world...US, Canada, Spain, New Zealand, Germany, UK, Sweden, Russia, Australia, Italy, Netherlands, etc. Surprised to hear most of you have never heard of a lot of them.

And it's not all metalcore. Sure, it's there. But there's also a good bit of tech death, death metal, hardcore, progressive, math metal, deathcore, etc...even a few lighter tracks thrown in for fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TNR

I've heard of four - if 'Before We Forget' are a Slipknot tribute band lol, nice play on words there....

No, they absolutely are not. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Zombienosh wrote: »
    **** out of the 60 tracks Ive found 2 amazing bands.

That's a quality song you posted. Out of interest, what's the other band that you found?

I haven't heard of most of these. Still, I might download them and give them a listen. Not interested in metalcore, but hopefully there's some good progressive or death metal in there.

"My Turn To Win"

Hardcore http://www.myspace.com/myturntowin

Very different from the other track.

Advertisement