Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Adult Social Group

Options
  • 13-09-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I am currently setting up a young adult group with a colleague of mine.
    The group details are as follows

Young Adults Club

Proposed to take place once a week in Lava Javas Youth Cafe, Limerick Youth Service, Lower Glentworth Street, Limerick City.

This club is open to young adults with Dyspraxia/DCD, Dyslexia, ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome and who are in the higher end of the autistic spectrum aged between 18-21+ years.

The focus of this Club is for young adults from around the Limerick/Clare area to meet one another in an informal and relaxed environment one evening a week for 1.5 hours. To help build and work on social relationships and to promote a sense of autonomy within the social group.

This group is proposed to take place by the end of September.

All interested in this group may use the contact details above.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.

-RobertW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Hi Robert, we do not allow advertising on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RobertW

Yeah I know....

I'm sorry for this.

I'm just setting up a group for people in the limerick/clare region and I was just interested to know if anyone here might take a look at it.

I understand if you lock/delete the thread but I just wanted to get info on the group out.

Apology's on this once again

-RobertW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

thanks for understanding robert, ill leave the thread in place, but ive removed all contact information from your post.

but your free to discuss the course if anyone asks any questions relating to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sevi

Hi there, did your group go ahead, if so, how is it going/did it go?
    I am 25 and have an interest in disability, currently studying a diploma in disability studies.
    Great to hear about ideas such as yours. Much needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RobertW

Hi Sevi,

Unfortunately the group didn't go ahead we just didn't get enough numbers for it I'm afraid.

However, I am still hoping that myself or others can setup some sort of social group for people with disabilities, or find it hard to socialize etc......

• Advertisement
Advertisement