Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports Collage

• 13-09-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I need to put together a sports collage, I have the pictures but I am a novice at photoshop, I am comfortable with my usual edits of general sports photography but this is a bit outside my comfort zone to say the least, but it is very important that I do a very good job. Basically I am wondering how I can merge the photos like this:

Link 1

Link 2

What is the effect or technique used in these collages???

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

all that was done was create a custom size canvas - adding each image as a seperate layer and deleting the edges....then merging/flattening the image.

simple enough in photoshop with a little understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Sounds good, thought it would be difficult, but is there a better one I could use???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I am working on the collage now, but can;t for the life of me figure out how to create that frosted look between each image, so they kind of fade into eachother, just like in the images in the first post. Anyone got any ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

use a soft edge mask in photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

I try'd this before aswell but just ended up settling for straight edges, you tube may have a few tutorials on how to do it, as above i'd imagine its not too difficult once you learn how.

• Advertisement
Advertisement