Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debate on guns (uk)

Options
  • 13-09-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

saw this advertised may be of interest a debate on guns in the uk 1 in 20 people in the uk now have a legally held firearm.
    it's on current tv sky channel 183 on monday 20th at 10pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

lee70 wrote: »
    saw this advertised may be of interest a debate on guns in the uk 1 in 20 people in the uk now have a legally held firearm.
    it's on current tv sky channel 183 on monday 20th at 10pm

sounds interesting, i'll set sky+ to record it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

There is a lot of print time in the UK magazines this month regarding submissions in relation to same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Every time some nutter wants a few moments of glory/revenge/fame and uses a gun to do it we have another load of restrictions laid on us here.

It will be very interesting to see what happens THIS time.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

tac foley wrote: »
    Every time some nutter wants a few moments of glory/revenge/fame and uses a gun to do it we have another load of restrictions laid on us here.

It will be very interesting to see what happens THIS time.

tac

I couldn't help but notice the lack of anti-gun hysteria in the media after that last lunatic went on his rampage, there seemed to be more emphasis placed on the fact that he was an ex-bodybuilder. There was also far less hysteria than usual after the Cumbra killings. Has the media lost interest in whipping up anti-gun sentiment or is it something to do with the change of government in the UK? The new PM is/was involved in shooting sports, the old one led an anti-gun party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I couldn't help but notice the lack of anti-gun hysteria in the media after that last lunatic went on his rampage, there seemed to be more emphasis placed on the fact that he was an ex-bodybuilder. There was also far less hysteria than usual after the Cumbra killings. Has the media lost interest in whipping up anti-gun sentiment or is it something to do with the change of government in the UK? The new PM is/was involved in shooting sports, the old one led an anti-gun party.

All good points, Sir. Sadly, at my end of the social ladder we don't have access to Sky TV, so I'll have to rely on what I read on the forum here.

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

tac foley wrote: »
    All good points, Sir. Sadly, at my end of the social ladder we don't have access to Sky TV, so I'll have to rely on what I read on the forum here.

tac
    why don't you try current.tv on your interweb

Advertisement