Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"How to take stunning pictures" on channel 5 Tuesday

• 13-09-2010 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

There is a new show starting tomorrow night on channel 5 at 7.30.
    It might be of interest to some people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

channel 5????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Panasonic have teamed up with Channel Five for brand new advertiser-funded programme called How To Take Stunning Pictures, an instructional series offering expert tips and advice for capturing professional-quality images.

I can see the "what Panasonic camera will I buy now" threads already :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Oh.... TV???? I'm using a Cannon, can I also follow along with this? :confused:

oshead wrote: »
    Oh.... TV???? I'm using a Cannon, can I also follow along with this? :confused:

haha maybe not.. The Panasonic cameras may be have some unique features the inferior canon can't keep up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

dazftw wrote: »
    haha maybe not.. The Panasonic cameras may be have some unique features the inferior canon can't keep up with.

Yeah they use a Canon 5dmk2 instead of their own cameras :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Borderfox wrote: »
    Yeah they use a Canon 5dmk2 instead of their own cameras :)

hahahahahahah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Anyone know anywhere this is available other than channel 5. I have an ulterior interest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have UPC, don't think channel 5 is on that...maybe it'll be on youtube or similar later on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Panasonic have teamed up with Channel Five for brand new advertiser-funded programme called How To Take Stunning Pictures, an instructional series offering expert tips and advice for capturing professional-quality images.

So, what, it's going to be an hour long "infomercial" ?

"Order now and you'll also get this faux-leather case Free ! Thats right, FREE ! Nothing helps you take professional quality images better than a PANASONIC digital compact camera and a faux-leather case !"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

So, what, it's going to be an hour long "infomercial" ?

"Order now and you'll also get this faux-leather case Free ! Thats right, FREE ! Nothing helps you take professional quality images better than a PANASONIC digital compact camera and a faux-leather case !"

tut tut....so young and yet so cynical.

Its so hard not be cynical though.. Its just plain advertising. The tips probably won't be any better than something you could get with a simple google search.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it "how to take stunning pictures" on channel 5, or "how to take stunning pictures on channel 5"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Its so hard not be cynical though.. Its just plain advertising. The tips probably won't be any better than something you could get with a simple google search.
    But isn't it easier to lye on the couch and watch a TV....

steve06 wrote: »
    But isn't it easier to lye on the couch and watch a TV....

Fair point :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I thought it was a decent enough show it sure beats watching emmerdale anyways thats for sure, the only mention of panasonic was the comp at the end will watch it again anyways thats for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,392 ✭✭✭✭phog

Missed it, I thought it was on at 20:00, switched on TV to catch the news headlines :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PicturePerfect

Is Channel5 on Sky? I asked the other half if he could Sky+ it for me as i'm in work but he said we don't have Channel5.. Any ideas when the rerun is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

It turned out to be quite good. It will be interesting to see what other themes they will talk about.
    Pictureperfect - Channel 5 can be got in the other stations section. I dont think you will be able to record it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PicturePerfect

BFassassin wrote: »
    It turned out to be quite good. It will be interesting to see what other themes they will talk about.
    Pictureperfect - Channel 5 can be got in the other stations section. I dont think you will be able to record it though.

Thanks! Will see if I can find it and try to record something. Curious now to see what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Couldn't find Channel 5 in my listings or in other stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

I don't have Sky, but it's Sky Channel 105 according to the website

http://www.five.tv/channel/five

Maybe the channels are different in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Good news for those like me who missed 1st episode!

It will be repeated on Sunday morning 19th Sept at 11.50am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dmac120

If you install some free vpn software like thefreevpn.com you can watch it on the 5 website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I'm not sure Channel five is on sky's Irish EPG which means you can't use sky + to record it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Thanks! Will see if I can find it and try to record something. Curious now to see what it is.

I have Freesat and Channel 5 is recordable on it. I watched the first programme and thought it was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm not sure Channel five is on sky's Irish EPG which means you can't use sky + to record it.

There is a way around this on a Sky+ box with a paid sub.

You just ake your card out and power off your box from elcectricity supply for one minute. Then power it back up without the card. After a minute the English channel list appears and you have channel 5 listed as channel no. 105. When the programme commences you press record and promptly at the same moment place your Irish card into the slot on the box. It will automatically start recording providing you put the card in very quickly after you pressed record. ;)

Lalter you can just power off your sky box leaving the card in it this time. Then power bcak on and the irish channel list will be back and you can still access your channel 5 recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

thats a great tip irish homer!! thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    There is a way around this on a Sky+ box with a paid sub.

You just ake your card out and power off your box from elcectricity supply for one minute. Then power it back up without the card. After a minute the English channel list appears and you have channel 5 listed as channel no. 105. When the programme commences you press record and promptly at the same moment place your Irish card into the slot on the box. It will automatically start recording providing you put the card in very quickly after you pressed record. ;)

Lalter you can just power off your sky box leaving the card in it this time. Then power bcak on and the irish channel list will be back and you can still access your channel 5 recording.

presumably that will work as well for itv1, itv 2 etc.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Ettna

That worked for ITV1 which I normally cant record because its on the other chanels. I am recording something at the moment as a test but no chanel 105 on the list. But the other ones that I cant record, like bbc3 and 4 and ITV 2 etc are all there.
    Thanks for the information.

Advertisement