Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...really annoying wysiwyg prob

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

The forums of the CMS I'm using are dire, can someone here please help with this silly very annoying problem.

In Joomla, when I am placing text and pics some times the pic looses the ability to hold a link, no matter what I do ( bar starting the article from scratch) I cannot get the image to take a llink.

I'm checking over the placement of images in my articles and how they will look for people reading on lower resolution screens and when I go in and move images around there's always one or two that just refuse to take a link.

I've tried deleting and replacing these pic's, flushing my browsers cache, flushing the website's cache and even gone as far to try and wrap [href]tags[/href] around the pic's in the HTML source...there's always only one or two pics in the bunch that act up like this and I'm going to loose it:p

anyone pleaase???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

The Joomla WYSIWYG is renowned for stripping content from what you do - there are various workarounds that sometimes still don't work. It's late and I can't remember exactly but there are blacklists/whitelists that you can choose which types of tags are allowed and those that aren't. Will come back in the morning if I can remember what all that is.

I'm making the presumption you have the vanilla editor TinyMCI, if wrong then this won't apply: go to Extensions --> plugins --> TinyMCI --> Under "parameters" two options "Code Cleanup on Startup" and "Code Cleanup on Save", for the first select "off" and the second select "never". Try that to see if it helps.

To me though that's all a bunch of hassle that sometimes still doesn't work - you could just go to Site --> Global Settings --> under "Default WYSIWYG Editor" select "Editor - No Editor" and that way nothign will get stripped - only difficulty can be it's all notepad style that won't colour code things for you to make it easier. I use RokPad which is html editor that will highlight tags and colour code them but it's a commercial addon from RocketTheme. Check the Joomla extensions for editors that you might use for free or of course buy the RokPad extension if it takes your fancy - I'd personally recommend it but cannot vouch for the free alternatives as I've never used anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Install JCEditor (http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/). In the config set 'cleanup HTML' to NO and you'll never look back.

Advertisement