Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did anyone read YC magazine?

• 14-09-2010 1:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

I used to love this magazine... Can't say I read any of them when it was titled "Your Commodore", but as YC, it was a great read! Was the only one of the C64 mags with a bit of personality and you nearly felt like you knew the writers...

Got discontinued soon after I started buying them (briefly relaunched as "Commodore Power" but that didn't get too far)

Wish I kept my old issues of it... :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭justbrian

Never read mags that time, but I save all my old mags for systems I did read for.

Like most issues of Sega Power, and mega machines. You might remember the later as being the funky sideways magazine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Commodore Format was my magazine of choice and it was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I have a few issues of YC. It was funny, careless, and a bit odd, but I'm glad I didn't have to rely on it for all C64 news and reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Screw you guys!

I read Crash! and Your Sinclair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I remember YC and Commodore Format. I still have a few issues, I particularly remember the ones with the Speedball 2 demo and the one with the Turrican 2 demo. Played those to destruction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Screw you guys!

boo!! It was Zzap!64 and C&VG all the way for me!*

(and um "Page 6" as well , cos I had an Atari but that was a more serious mag compared to the others)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Screw you guys!

don't forget Sinclair User

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Commodore Format was my magazine of choice and it was brilliant.

Aye, mine too.

Still have all the demo tapes that came with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Skerries wrote: »
    don't forget Sinclair User

More like Sinclair Abuser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I used to read ACE and Commodore User.

Still flick through them now occasionally - wife tells me to sell them but no way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I used to read Zzap!64 and either Commodore Format or Commodore Force (I cant remember which but probably both tbh).

The cover tapes on those old magazines were awesome; I remember getting the Blues Brothers game on one of them and playing it for months!

I wonder if its easy to pick up old copies of Zzap on ebay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

boo!! It was Zzap!64 and C&VG all the way for me!*

Aha!!!
    You can read old issues of Zzap on their website! I couldn't find a link from the main website, but here is an example of a URL to a page and you can figure the rest out for yourself...

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/displaypage.pl?issue=070&page=001&magazine=zzap

Advertisement