Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband speed..

Options
  • 14-09-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

just did a speed test now because its been very slow the last few days...im getting 0.24 mb/s... checked it a few months ago and it was up around the .9 mark. Pretty ridiculous, cant even stream a video properly with out needing to leave it for 20-30 mins before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

What speed is your line? That seems useless.

Although I have heard since this next generation broadband came in speeds have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

its supposed to be 1mb/s...seems pretty stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

http://www.speedtest.net/result/952964271.png here is mine just done for wireless connection. i am supposed to have 3mbps so i am happy with this but do not understand why the upload is so low?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Big J

but do not understand why the upload is so low?

Upload on most connections is always about 1/10th of download. For most home users you are generally looking at websites or downloading files so download speed is what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

yes but i also upload quite a bit and i could do with a better upload speed.have thought of switching to satellite broadband but they charge a fortune to set it up:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

mine is gone to crap at home on my 3mb connection :mad:

Advertisement