Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Times

Options
  • 14-09-2010 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Take After Hours as an example. Do you mods actually plan together when you will be online? As in do you have it worked out that AlmightyCushion takes Monday, Wednesday, Friday or biko takes nights or whatever. Or am I just being retarded and you just go on whenever you feel like it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Why exactly was this moved to feedback? I vote that it be returned to After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs as this is more a Feedback question.

I am online OP, when I am.

I don't know what else to say to you.

No one particular mod/C mod knows when they will be availalble to answer a thread like the one you just started.

Yes we have a forum to discuss all things related to AHs and we use that to get together and discuss things happening at any given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Moved from AHs as this is more a Feedback question.

I am online OP, when I am.

I don't know what else to say to you.

No one particular mod/C mod knows when they will be availalble to answer a thread like the one you just started.

Yes we have a forum to discuss all things related to AHs and we use that to get together and discuss things happening at any given time.

Yeah I get what you mean I just meant did the mods in each forum have it decided amongst themselves shifts to go online if you get me

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I do get you, and as I tried to explain we only know who is online when reported posts get dealt with or when one of us posts in the Mod forum if we have a query.

To answer your question, there are no shifts.
    We are just like you, we log in and we log off.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah remember it's not a job. Most mods here are here because they're helping grow a community or discuss a topic they've a vested interest in.

I guess some forums might discuss when their mods will be on but it's far from a requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mods don't get paid so they are online when it suits then, if they got paid I'm sure they'd have shifts arranged for when to do work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Though when a mod is going to be away for any protracted length of time we tend to give other mods/cmods a heads up.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After a while you kinda get into a rhythm. If you look at AH you can see some mods (like me) are more active in the morning and some later at night (Sharpie).

Before I was a mod I also thought there was shifts but alas no.
    That's why some forums has many mods, to be able to cover all hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

AH is a bit different in that the "hot topics" are not usually planned events.

From my experience in the Rugby Forum, a few days before a Leinster/Munster/Ireland game we'd all post our availability, especially if it was a Munster -v- Leinster game, they usually get contentious threads that need modding. The fixture list comes out and we know when the big games are going to be on. We either decide that there's enough mods/cmods/admins around, or we draft in a few temporary mods (either mods from other forums, or good posters from the Rugby Forum).

The "hot topics" in AH are usually up to the minute reactions to things like the death of a celebrity or whatever, they just happen, no-one knows when, so it's harder to plan for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

No rostered times.
    Some times if it is know that something big is coming up we try to make sure we're about, but thats it.
    Roll in, fall out. Do some of the dishes, and leave the drying to the next mod that walks in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Rabies wrote: »
    No rostered times.
    Some times if it is know that something big is coming up we try to make sure we're about, but thats it.
    Roll in, fall out. Do some of the dishes, and leave the drying to the next mod that walks in.
    I'm more curious why you changed your name to Rabies :P

Einstein wrote: »
    I'm more curious why you changed your name to Rabies :P

Changed? :/
    Same name for 8yrs.

Maybe Conor or Ross is playing with your account and you can see diff names. My user name is still Captain Fluffy Bum.

The guys over at CT can help you out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Same name for 8yrs.

Maybe Conor or Ross is playing with your account and you can see diff names. My user name is still Captain Fluffy Bum.

Too soon! Too soon!
    Run and hide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Same name for 8yrs.

seems i've gone a little crazy then...

not to worry...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Did anybody else think this thread was going to be about some newspaper?

That is the Boardean Times

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Fuzzy wrote: »
    Did anybody else think this thread was going to be about some newspaper?

Yep me too i imagined something like this :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Who here can honestly say they haven't ever thought about banging a hot teenage giraffe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Not after reading your post, certainly.

Giggidy. Those long necks could get at ALL the hard to reach places. Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Who here can honestly say they haven't ever thought about banging a hot teenage giraffe?

I can say that

But i wouldn't be being honest :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

*Raises hand*

Advertisement