Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAnned from the soccor forum.

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Been banned for some no doubt ultra-stupid reason,
    Can't even remember what it is.
    Will the banned be lifted of will I have to subvert the ban by changing my IP.
    I won;t be too happy if I have to do this (which I can do easily) hence you will have an unhappy poster who can post what he likes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

your access request was refused after you were borke the rules in the access to soccer forum. the ban is permanent.

by all means change your IP, your account will still be banned and if you re-reg to circumvent the ban, both this account and the re-reg account will be sitebanned (you have already received a warning from the Arts Cmods for using a re-reg account to bypass a ban. doing it again will result in a permanent ban for both accounts.)

If you wish to discuss the circumstances of your ban I would suggest that you contact one of the soccer mods by PM and POLITELY request that they review it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 esbo

LoLth wrote: »
    your access request was refused after you were borke the rules in the access to soccer forum. the ban is permanent.

by all means change your IP, your account will still be banned and if you re-reg to circumvent the ban, both this account and the re-reg account will be sitebanned (you have already received a warning from the Arts Cmods for using a re-reg account to bypass a ban. doing it again will result in a permanent ban for both accounts.)

If you wish to discuss the circumstances of your ban I would suggest that you contact one of the soccer mods by PM and POLITELY request that they review it.

How will you know it is me if I change my IP or will you ban and whole ISP
    and thus many innocent users?

What's the point in a moderation system which only actually bans people who can't change their IP

No forum (in which I want to post) has ever successful banned me.

I have however banned myself from some forums because they are full of the idiot buddies of the idiot moderator, and conversing with a bunch of idiots is not an aspiration of mine.

It's not fair, just like your moderation system, that's why I don't want to post here until you sort out your moderation policy ie change it to one which is fair and reasonable I don't want to subject myself to such lunacy, and I would rather you didn't subject others to it either.

If you don't make people angry in he first place such problems would not occur.

I don;t know who the soccer mods are and I doubt they read this forum.
    Anyhow I don't see them changing their behavior voluntarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

esbo wrote: »
    I don;t know who the soccer mods are and I doubt they read this forum.
    If you know so little about the soccer mods, why have you been saying things like this about them:
    Why is it most forums like the soccor forum are moderated by ****ing retarded social misfits wh o should have been shot at first.
    Apparently I am bannned because I did not grovel prooperly.

Howevre I am notr banned because I knwo aboutr computers and the net so you will never be able able to ban me hence treating me like piece of ****t
    will result in lots of **** appearing over your site.

So whether you ban me or not I am here untill I hget an apology. :)
    i MEAN i GIOT BANNED NOT NO REASON AND THEN WHEN i SAID WELL foot.ie is back up I was given a permanent ban.

So **** the cu n t who moderates the forum why dont you sack him?

I will be posting **** all over the site and the piece so **** is either sacked or retrained or put on the correct medication./

The reasons behind the rules are here.

Gordon wrote: »
    If you know so little about the soccer mods, why have you been saying things like this about them:

The reasons behind the rules are here.

HA ha I cant read the link because I am banned.

Another example of the lunacy that prevails here.

I know about the mods from the rules they enforce, that says everything about them.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You know what? There are lots of other sites you can post on if you dislike Boards so much. There's a procedure and rules in place for a reason, if you don't like them then maybe Boards just isn't for you. And just so you can see why access has to be applied for, here's the text from the link Gordon posted above:
    The Soccer Forum was originally setup as an alternative to some of the less intelligent soccer discussion sites found online. It's main attraction being rivalry and friendly banter coupled with intelligent discussion about the beautiful game. Unfortunately, keeping this atmosphere proved more difficult than the mods could handle, with an influx of a small group of posters whose discussion skills were "lacking". Strong moderation was in place, people were banned but the real problem was with compulsives who just had to re-register their accounts to get the last say or just to cause disruption.

Faced with a choice of allowing the soccer forum to degenerate into the free for all of flaming an abuse that other major soccer forums had become, or revamping the forum, the Admins and Soccer Mods decided to close the forum. After consultation with the Admins, Gandalf introduced an access process to stop banned users from re-registering to cause trouble. A number of users were permanently banned and new users had to meet certain criteria to gain access via the Soccer Access Requests Forum.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    You know what? There are lots of other sites you can post on if you dislike Boards so much. There's a procedure and rules in place for a reason, if you don't like them then maybe Boards just isn't for you. And just so you can see why access has to be applied for, here's the text from the link Gordon posted above:

Ah I see, no attempt to justify your behaviour just a "if you don't like the carp we impose on posters here then bugger off".

Typical.

Nobody needs or wants a net-nanny to enforce what they can or cannot read, there is I believe an ignore option for that purpose, unfortunately it seems the mods seem to want to impose their biased views upon all users and indeed to do that before they have even made a post.

Seems to me the problem is not the posters rather the control freaks.

Who are you to determine what I can and cannot post? I don't recall voting for you or any of the mods for that matter.

IF you believed in democracy you would have a fair vote on it, but I expect fairness is not something you are too familiar with.

Dictatorship is more you style.

What's the idea?

Hoping to get a job as internet censors for the People Republic of China? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ah I see, no attempt to justify your behaviour just a "if you don't like the carp we impose on posters here then bugger off".

Typical.

There's a rule there for a very good reason, which I posted above. If you don't like the rule, fair enough, nobody's forcing you to use Boards, but we're not going to change it just because you don't like it.
    Nobody needs or wants a net-nanny to enforce what they can or cannot read, there is I believe an ignore option for that purpose, unfortunately it seems the mods seem to want to impose their biased views upon all users and indeed to do that before they have even made a post.

The soccer mods aren't imposing any views on anyone. They are merely enforcing a rule designed to ensure that anyone who wants to post in the forum is serious about it and hasn't just signed up to troll the forum.
    Seems to me the problem is not the posters rather the control freaks.

The problem was that in the past it was some posters, and they ruined things for everyone to such an extent that the forum was closed for a while. Don't you think that the mods wouldn't prefer that everyone had free access and that they wouldn't have to supervise the access process/
    Who are you to determine what I can and cannot post? I don't recall voting for you or any of the mods for that matter.

I'm here to oversee the site on behalf of our members, in conjunction with approx. 15 other admins, roughly 25 CMods and about 500 moderators. That's the authority I have to determine what you can and cannot post. As I said before, if you don't like it we're not forcing you to stay. We don't hold elections for the positions.
    IF you believed in democracy you would have a fair vote on it, but I expect fairness is not something you are too familiar with.

Dictatorship is more you style.

What has this got to do with democracy? Nobody pretends that Boards is a democracy, it isn't, and never will be. As it happens I'm a great believer in democracy, but the site wouldn't work if it became one. We appoint people who make a worthwhile contribution to the site as mods, and the CMods and admins are drawn from their ranks. As for being a dictator, well sometimes it's necessary when you just aren't getting through to someone.
    What's the idea?

Hoping to get a job as internet censors for the People Republic of China? :rolleyes:

Nope, just enforcing the Boards.ie rules. I hate to break it to you, but we've lost track of the number of Fight Da Powah posters we've had here, so you're just one more to add to the list. We didn't change the rules for them, so we won't be doing so for you.

Advertisement