Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linkedin profile disappeared from google

Options
  • 14-09-2010 4:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

Yesterday if I googled a particular framework and ireland, my linkedin profile would appear in the first page of results.

Now my linkedin profile is not listed in google at all. If I search for the url - nada. I submitted the url to google -nada.

I added links to my linkedin profile on various profiles - on open source hosting websites, technical forums etc.

Has google decided I am spamming for adding a few completely valid links in appropriate places? Surely this would be a sitewide thing, and not a particular page though...so what's happened?

edit 1: It's back to normal now. I posted on the google webmaster forums about it. No official response, so it looks like it reverted automatically, rather than from someone changing it.

edit 2: Apparently it might have happened because another person joined by the same name.

Advertisement