Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone over cap, upgrade for this month only or am I ok?

• 14-09-2010 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm on my first month with eircom next generation broadband (I'm on this deal here- http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056002429) and I've just learned how to check my usage stats.

Anyway, it says I'm only half way through the month but I'm already about 1gb over my 10gb limit in uploads and downloads :eek:

As far as I know, I can pay €5 extra to increase to a 30gb limit, but I can't imagine using this much again as I'd a lot of pending updates from my previous terrible connection so the first month would be more than the rest I imagine. So does anyone know, should I pay the €5 extra for this month, or are eircom not charging for exceeding cap and if they are, how much could I end up paying if I don't pay the €5 extra?

Does anyone know can I just go back down to the 10gb limit then next month aswell and not pay the extra €5 each month then?

One other quick question:
    I got an "agreement for telephone service" in the post a good while ago. At first I thought it was like a direct debit thingy but since I signed up and gave permission over the phone that I didn't have to do anything but looking at it again it says I've to return it in 5 days. It also says I need to get a witness signature and all that :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if this is necessary to return or can I just leave it (seeing as though the service is active and everything anyway?).

Last question:
    I was streaming a live basketball game (2 hours or so, pretty good quality, no lag or interruptions) how much data is this likely to have used I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Would anyone have any idea please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

I think eircom have a charge if you downgrade a package.

Really? :eek: so if I went from 10gb to 30gb for this month and then back to 10gb next month there'd be a charge?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I dont think the cap increase will kick in untill your next bill. At least that would be standard procedure for most companies. I'm not sure if Eircom are charging for going over there cap anyway.

Hopefully not :) Has anyone any idea if I really need to bother sending in that witness form and all that? Can anyone be a witness? what's the point? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement