Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linux certification

Options
  • 14-09-2010 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

hi there

does anyone know a good linux cert ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 r3dh34d

RHCT/RHCE and further RHCA path is very good.
    Other like Linux+, LPI are not worth it. These are only tests like MCPs.

When You doing Red Hat certification, you have real lab and you've to do some some real tasks. Exam is about 4h.
    Exams are also very expensive.

More info http://www.europe.redhat.com/training/course/RH302

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

what about novells offereing?

mickman wrote: »
    what about novells offereing?
    don't know, i never did novell

do you think the rhca is possible by using a book and some hands on experience or would you need to be an expert on it

do you think the rhca is possible by using a book and some hands on experience or would you need to be an expert on it
    RHCA is a long way. There's only few people with this cert worldwide.
    RHCE is good for beginning. There r good books on amazon, which will prepare u good.
    Exam is not so hard, if you working with linux every day.

RHCA involves a lot of knowledge, experience and money. And AFAIK no one in Dublin offers exams from this path.

But yes, i think every exam can be passed using a book and of course u need a lab to practice on.

• Advertisement

r3dh34d wrote: »
    RHCA is a long way. There's only few people with this cert worldwide.
    RHCE is good for beginning. There r good books on amazon, which will prepare u good.
    Exam is not so hard, if you working with linux every day.

RHCA involves a lot of knowledge, experience and money. And AFAIK no one in Dublin offers exams from this path.

But yes, i think every exam can be passed using a book and of course u need a lab to practice on.

sorry , i thought the rhca was the admin one . for the rhce, is it just the desktop op system i need practical experience on? i just want an intro into linux for one and a cert to prove it

if i wasnt working with linux every day , do you think the rhct is possible with a book and playing around with it myself

if i wasnt working with linux every day , do you think the rhct is possible with a book and playing around with it myself
    Everything is possible, but i'd recommend use linux on your desktop, if you wanna learn it better.

U've mentioned Novell certs before. Check this out
    http://blogs.computerworld.com/16978/vmware_is_buying_novell
    I'd stick with RH.

Advertisement