Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing Soccer Forum

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Why is it that I can sometimes access the soccer forum and other times I cannot?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

no idea. I cant see your name on the access list for the soccer forum so it looks like you havent been granted access by the mods (I may be wrong and just missed it). Did you request access on the Soccer Access Request forum at any stage? If not, you should post there to request access (be sure to read the charter first! <-- very important! )

not sure how you would be able to view the soccer forum without being given access first though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

you can view it always, you just can't post in it iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi LoLth,

Seems strange that sometimes I have access and sometimes I don't.

I never applied to join the soccer forum but I'm able to occasionally access it, see the link below where I left "thanks" in the first two posts in the thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056030846

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sorry, I meant post to the soccer forum. TBH is right, you can always READ the soccer forum but you need to have been granted access to POST there.

if I remember correctly, vBulletin treats "thanks" differently from posting. if you can read it, you can thank it, for example, users can add thanks to closed threads. I do remember that there was something discussed about this before.... I'll go see if I can dig it up.

as to why this would be intermittent, now that I have no clue about. Even without loggin in you should be able to read the forum posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Thanks tbh for you explanation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement