Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My small claims victory!!

Options
  • 14-09-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Got into a bit of bother with Vodafone recently...

We moved into a new place about a year ago and wanted to get a landline set up.

Vodafone were offering a decent enough "call only" rate of 37 euro per month. so I went for it.

Howevever to cut a long story shorter, there was major confusion over the phone number, Eircom had us down for one, while vodafone had another. It added up to me getting two bills each month from Vodafone and Eircom

Numerous calls to Vodafone got me an endless succession of useless customer service agents who swore blind that they were sorting it out.

All the time i'm still paying my 37 euro for no service

Lost the rag one day and lodged a Small Claim online at www.courts.ie, cost 15 euro.

The total claim was 203 euro...and the other day, after a couple of months wait, I got a call from a very apologetic Vodafone manager saying they'd closed my account (as i'd initially requested when all this started) and a cheque was in the post.

It was my little victory, and i was delighted:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

It's a shame you had to go to such lenghts to get Vodafone to do something about your predicament.

Congrats on your victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

well done on making the choice to use the small claims court and i will reserve congrats on the victory until the money is in your bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Just curious - Did you include the small claims court fee in your claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

seagull wrote: »
    Just curious - Did you include the small claims court fee in your claim?

No. Just the amount for the goods or services, likewise you cant claim for any lost pay if you actually have to go to Small Claims Court.

Theres a Q and A here about the whole thing.

I went through Dun Laoighre District Court, theres a woman there in charge of Small Claims, she was very helpful, followed up on the case with me

I meant to say in my first post that, initially Vodafone just credited my account without telling me, but then started deducting my monthly payments from the credit!

The woman in the Court wrote to Vodafone to sort it and made sure they got a cheque sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

just goes to show the power of the small claims court. well done we should all take a leaf out of your book. i bet you didnt even appear in court.

The clerk of the court will try to resolve the issue before its put before a judge. normally companies freak at the sign of a small court claim because of the possible costs to them just defending a few hundred euro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I used the SCC and when the crowd decided to pay up I requested refund of my registered letter and SCC fees and they obliged, although you can't include it in your claim you can always ask afterwards

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Congrats. One thing though, from reading your original post, I was under the impression that eircom were the problem? Who exactly messed up?

dotsman wrote: »
    Congrats. One thing though, from reading your original post, I was under the impression that eircom were the problem? Who exactly messed up?

Eircom had to activate the line, but vodafone were the ones who were supposed to be providing the service.

Just an update to this one..

The cheque finally arrived on Friday, over a month since I was told I'd be getting a refund.

And I had to ring up looking for it. Several times,

A letter is on its way to the CEO and I'm never going near Vodafone ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

giftgrub wrote: »
    Just an update to this one..

The cheque finally arrived on Friday, over a month since I was told I'd be getting a refund.

And I had to ring up looking for it. Several times,

A letter is on its way to the CEO and I'm never going near Vodafone ever again.

hey fair play to you,im delighted for you,thanks for the links also.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement