Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new ESB Online Store ESBstore.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

If I were to win this fantastic prize
    It would surely be a great surprise
    I'd log on to the electric site
    And start to shop with all my might

My first stop would be the Imageo lights
    For a warming glow on winter nights
    In windows or on mantlepiece
    Their welcome flicker is sure to please

Next would be the BoilerBleed
    For airlocks are a curse indeed
    This is no lie, and I should know
    No heat last winter during ice & snow

And finally some bulbs I'd get
    The CFL kind, not GLS
    They'd light the night for my family
    While saving loads of energy

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Heatkeeper Radiator Panel

My bedroom is an old extension which is freezing in the winter. These panels would help me keep warm when trying to read at night

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd buy some of the Philips Imageo Rechargeable Tea Lights, because I can never find a box of matches whenever I go to light candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

If i won a €100 voucher for ESBstore.ie, The first thing i would buy is this smoke alarm...
    so-610%20FIrstAlertSmokeAlarm.jpg

...For obvious reasons, it doubles your chance of surviving in a fire, and this one can be used in the kitchen which is a very useful bonus.

The second product i'd buy would be these Remote control plug sockets...
    rfe3tc%20StandbyShutdownA.jpg

... Because they are a great way of saving energy. If something is hard or difficult, people won't do it, these could be plugged into awkward plugs such as behind beds and cupboards and still be able to be "plugged" out without having to move things. Super handy so definitely a power saver.

The rest i would spend on Solar Garden lights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Most definitely the chimney balloon. i'm sitting here with a breeze whistling around my ankles and it's a definite requirement right now that winter is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

It'd be the Powermonkey – eXplorer Solar Charger for Mobile Phones, iPods...

I always get lumbered with bringing the chargers for everything on holiday - bang goes my carry-on allowance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Powertraveller Powergorilla Portable Charger for Laptops, Mobile Phones, iPods

I'd definitely get this. Was on a road trip recently where first our lap-top (with the map) then my phone and then his (with the GPS) died before we reached our destination. One of these would have been really useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

i would buy a Chimney Balloon

http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Chimney%20Balloon/1152/100

seems like a great product

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Powertraveller Powergorilla definitely! Great for travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

As many energy saving lightbulbs as i could get! (the gift that keeps on giving! :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

I would buy three things that all relate to me being the one that has to fix everything in the house. First would have to be the Oil level monitor because i just spent the last few hours clearing an airlock from our oil burner because it was run dry last winter! Lets just say its not the first time this has happened so it would be a life saver!

Second would be the Tuff Tools Rechargeable 30 LED Heavy Duty Work Torch, why do oil burners and every other thing that can go wrong in a house have to be in dark, dull and cobweb filled corners of our home. This would definitely come in handy for all those odd jobs in nooks and crannys.

Thirdly would have to be the Fernox Lime Scale Preventer, another thing i hate doing is de scaling every tap and showerhead in our home on a regular basis so this would save alot of time and possible our washing machine, kettle and dishwasher.

If I owned all these things I could back to saving energy and the planet one step at a time!!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It would have to be the oil monitor. My mum and dad lost a full tank of oil recently due to a defect, and having something like this might have alerted them of a problem with the tank alot faster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Watt a current offer ! Being a bright spark and a live wire I would come down to earth and be grounded for good if I didn't avail of an opportunity to save energy.

If I won the voucher I would buy a Super saver cylinder jacket , a Mira shower head , a chimney balloon and loads of energy saving light bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would buy the Philips Security Light with Night Sensor as it is needed in my home

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

when is the competition over and when are the winners announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Hi

I would definitely buy the Solar Centre Solar Shed light, my boyfriend is always knocking things over when he goes in at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

I'd buy solar powered fairy lights for a school project that I want to do with my Transition Year class.

Have I won the competition yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

hey ,

I would buy all low energy lights for my house !!!! and for all the family too ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I love candles so I would buy the rechargeable tea lights. They would greatly lessen the chance of me buring down the house and my boyfriend would no longer feel in constant danger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'd buy some SMJ Remote Control Socket.

I've 2 dogs and sometimes they are home alone.. I'd us them to turn the Radio / Lights on and off to keep them company :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Id buy the chimney ballon for my parents as they live in a really old house that is full of draughty chimneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

The solar fairy lights would be awesome to decorate outside with. One please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

I'd buy a handful of smoke detectors to distribute to my family, and then a few of the remote control sockets for my workmates' computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I'd be the Phillips LED colour changing light, ideal for changing the mood at dinner parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

I would buy the Solar Centre Solar PIR Utility Light for the following reasons.

1. LED bulbs will never burn out during the lifetime of the product.

2. Your electricity bill will be reduced and it is environmentally friendly lighting.

3. Battery technology means that solar lighting can work without interruption for 10 – 12 hours which should be more than enough for anyone.

4. Solar panels are weatherproof so there’s no maintenance, in fact you can even use one panel to charge a multitude of lights.

5. Solar lighting is self sufficient so there’s no need for an outdoor power source. Really handy for an idiot like me that can fix a wall light but doesn’t like to mess with high voltage electricity.

6. Again the point about no high voltage electricity – it’s safe.

7. The more LEDs (or fewer) there are in the light the brighter (or more subtle) the lighting will be. This means that you can light pathways with low intensity lighting and with a few more LEDs you can creat a wall mounted spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jerpointbundie

After visiting to ESB Online store today,
    I will be returning more and more id say,
    They are offering a 100 Euro voucher, which makes my dream of owning a remote controlled socket even stronger,
    So that I can switch my power hungry TV off and not ponder,
    Whether it is still draining current any longer,
    I would also buy a philips saving light,
    To turn my home into an energy saving trendy place at night,
    So come on ESB, choose me and a few more, as I feel there is another harsh winter in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

I'd definitely be going for the Powergorrilla
    http://www.esbstore.ie/Product/Powertraveller%20Powergorilla%20Portbl%20Charger%20for%20Laptops%20Mobile%20Phones%20iPods/1219/600

I'm always running out of power on my phone/laptop/everything so I can continue to annoy my wife by browsing the web when we go back to nature on our camping trips :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

id by loads of radiator de-aerator's cause i hate when the rads dont get as hot as they should

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement