Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SETTING UP A NEW OUTLOOK EMAIL ACCOUNT.

• 14-09-2010 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im trying to set up a new email account on Outlook.

I have to type in the the name of my Microsoft Exchange Server but I haven't goT a clue what this is or how to get it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Who is your email account provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This should help, (after you get the details from the provider).

http://quintagroup.com/services/support/tutorials/email-account/outlook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

suey71 wrote: »
    Hi, Im trying to set up a new email account on Outlook.

Where did you get this new email address from? If you got it from somebody, they should be able to help you set up the account in outlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I'm with UPC, My old email address on outlook stopped working a couple of years ago and since then I managed with Gmail.

What do I enter when I see.... Incoming Mail Server (POP3)
    and directly under it I see...... Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)

Thanks

I'm with UPC, My old email address on outlook stopped working a couple of years ago and since then I managed with Gmail.

Thanks

You'll get those details from the old email address (if it's still set up). If you've no access to this you'll have to ring UPC.

EDIT: Just found this, might be of some use.

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/Migration_FAQs.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 itmonkey

Thanks

Generally you will need to enter the POP address of your email provider, Gmail for example is pop.gmail.com

I am with UPC also and to get my outgoing mail working I have to enter smtp.upcmail.ie in the SMTP server settings.

Don't forget to enable POP forwarding in your Gmail settings though because if you don't it doesn't matter what settings you enter, it won't work

Check https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=75292 for more info

I think we may need to go back to the start here on this one.
    Suey, the email address you are trying to set up in outlook, is it *****@gmail.com or ****@upc.ie ? Then we can tell you which settings you need for smtp and pop.
    (Don't post your actual email address here, could lead to a lot of spam when you do get your email address set up!!)

Its ***upcmail.ie

I ran the test function on my Outlook and 2 errors came up.

1. Log onto incoming mail server (pop3): unable to log on to the incoming mail server.

2. Send email test: Unable to send email test message, please verify the email address field.

???

Its ***upcmail.ie

I ran the test function on my Outlook and 2 errors came up.

1. Log onto incoming mail server (pop3): unable to log on to the incoming mail server.

2. Send email test: Unable to send email test message, please verify the email address field.

???

Taken from the pdf I linked earlier in this thread.
    Useful Information

Please note that the following information may be of use to you when configuring your
    existing PC applications.

Settings Changing to …
    Email Format customer@ntlworld.ie customer@upcmail.ie
    Members Webspace homepage.ntlworld.ie/customer members.upc.ie/customer
    Incoming POP3 Server pop.ntlworld.ie pop3.upcmail.ie
    Outgoing SMTP Server smtp.ntlworld.ie smtp.upcmail.ie
    Primary DNS 89.101.160.4 89.101.160.4
    Secondry DNS 89.101.160.5 89.101.160.5
    Proxy-Server None None
    News news.cable.ntlworld.ie news.upc.ie

Thanks Chin, I sent an email to the customer department just know so I'll let you know how I get on.

I checked out that link earlier and it seemed to be what I needed but it still wouldn't work.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

I just got a reply email from customer@upcmail.ie and it read,

"Delivery of the following message failed permanently, Google tried to deliver your message but it was rejected by the recipient domain."

It seems that this address isn't in use anymore.

I just got a reply email from customer@upcmail.ie and it read,

"Delivery of the following message failed permanently, Google tried to deliver your message but it was rejected by the recipient domain."

It seems that this address isn't in use anymore.

I'd give them a buzz.
    Call us
    Freephone 1908 (if calling from abroad please dial 00 353 1 245 8000)
    Monday - Friday 9am to 10pm
    Sunday 10am to 10pm
    Bank Holiday 10am to 10pm

When calling please have your account number to hand. You will find this on any recent bill.
    Please note that due to the data protection act, we can only speak to the account holder in relation to any account queries.

Premium PC Support 1550 924 124 *
    Monday - Friday 10am to 10pm
    Saturday 10am to 6pm
    * Calls cost no more than 95c per minute from both Eircom and UPC landlines. Calls from mobiles and other service providers may cost more.

Thanks, will do.

Just saw another thread on here about problems with upcmail, so it might be worth giving them a shout alright. Let us know how you get on.

Advertisement