Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topics in climatology

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

hey guys..
    I eventually got into this module YAY!
    Just wondering, its coming up on my timetable as being in room G109?
    Anyone know if that's right or wrong? Isn't G109 a small tutorial room??

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

I think so, but it could be a small class! They're the best kind, y'know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Good old Millsy! Sound man, bit eccentric but sound! Yeh, it's the long room in the Geography corridor with the old map reading tables (i.e. it's the third door on your right iirc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Inaminute

HOW did you get into the module? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McNuggy10

Inaminute wrote: »
    HOW did you get into the module? :)

I emailed Ger and pretty much proclaimed my love for his class!! Seen as offering people on boards a mars bar to drop their place to give to me didn't work! ha ha..
    he emailed me back and said he'd made a few places available seen as about 7 people emailed sayin they couldn't get in to it.
    It'd be worth giving him an email if you still want to do it ? because yesterday in class he asked was everyone able to register pretty much suggesting if you said no he might be able to get you in!
    He's such a sound bloke its unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brandon2592

What's Gerald like as a lecturer??

• Advertisement

What's Gerald like as a lecturer??

Sound, very sound. If you're genuinely stuck with something he'll help you out. He comes off a bit unapproachable but he's generally grand. Lectures are very interesting, he does manage to get the difficult material across quite well. Actually, you'd have to literally do nothing to fail his module. I would rank him as probably one of the best lecturers in Geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

El Siglo wrote: »
    I would rank him as probably one of the best lecturers in Geography.

+1 to that.
    Although, to be fair, the standard of Geography 'lecturers' in UCD is very good.

dyl10 wrote: »
    +1 to that.
    Although, to be fair, the standard of Geography 'lecturers' in UCD is very good.

Yeh but I was thinking more of the Physical Geography lecturers in there, and there's only three of them. I'd probably place Arnold Horner or even Willie Nolan higher (these men are legendary, the wealth of knowledge they have is infestistimal and they were always good to chat to).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Inaminute

McNuggy10 wrote: »
    I emailed Ger and pretty much proclaimed my love for his class!! Seen as offering people on boards a mars bar to drop their place to give to me didn't work! ha ha..
    he emailed me back and said he'd made a few places available seen as about 7 people emailed sayin they couldn't get in to it.
    It'd be worth giving him an email if you still want to do it ? because yesterday in class he asked was everyone able to register pretty much suggesting if you said no he might be able to get you in!
    He's such a sound bloke its unreal!

Hey ya,
    I was up bright and early registration morning and got the modules I wanted :D thanks anyway..

Advertisement