Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny Show - Litter Wardens in Dublin today

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Lots of litter wardens going to be in the city today according to the PK show so be careful to throw you litter in the bin which is the rightful place anyway.

Must admit, I've never seen a litter warden. Interesting story on the show also that someone dumped their rubbish illegally and they're driving license and lots of personal docs were in the bag. :eek: why you would throw away a current driving license is beyond me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I know someone who was fined for kicking a can. :D
    But yeah even if I came to a bin that was full I would not drop it on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Lots of litter wardens going to be in the city today according to the PK show so be careful to throw you litter in the bin which is the rightful place anyway.

Must admit, I've never seen a litter warden. Interesting story on the show also that someone dumped their rubbish illegally and they're driving license and lots of personal docs were in the bag. :eek: why you would throw away a current driving license is beyond me.

About time. They've been employed for years but do sweet FA:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

'Bout time really.......although it would help if the council emptied the bins more regularly:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Jet Black wrote: »
    I know someone who was fined for kicking a can. :D

id love to see them try get my personal details outta me to fine me....hmmm stand there while we contact the gardai so we can confirm your identity.... yea rite, id just walk off and if they try'd to stop me by putting there hands me pushing me back and trying to stop me from moving on well they'd get a slap

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

spider_pig wrote: »
    id love to see them try get my personal details outta me to fine me....hmmm stand there while we contact the gardai so we can confirm your identity.... yea rite, id just walk off and if they try'd to stop me by putting there hands me pushing me back and trying to stop me from moving on well they'd get a slap

Jaysis! Hard as nails you!

They do more than just fine people for dropping litter.
    They investigate illegal dumping / remove abandoned cars etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Or you could just not litter.

Dancor wrote: »
    Or you could just not litter.

i wasn't talking about littering i was talking about the guy who got fined for kicking a can if it wasn't your rubbish and you kicked a can would you accept a fine for something so stupid...? fair enough if i dropped it but he said he got fined for kicking one.also would you stand there and let some one push and shove you...?

i wasn't talking about littering i was talking about the guy who got fined for kicking a can if it wasn't your rubbish and you kicked a can would you accept a fine for something so stupid...? fair enough if i dropped it but he said he got fined for kicking one.also would you stand there and let some one push and shove you...?

Then dont kick a can! If someone leaves a bag of rubbish on the side of the road and you give it a kick or do anything to it other than put it in the bin your as bad as them and obviously have nothing better to do with your time.

As for giving them a slap, Im sure you would :rolleyes:

Dancor wrote: »
    Then dont kick a can! If someone leaves a bag of rubbish on the side of the road and you give it a kick or do anything to it other than put it in the bin your as bad as them and obviously have nothing better to do with your time.

As for giving them a slap, Im sure you would :rolleyes:

a bag is a hell of a difference between a can you could easily kick a can by mistake no one walks around looking at the ground that could well be had happened in the guys situation

and damm straight a slap would be given if it came to it you have the rite to defend your self from someone pushing and shoving you causing you distress iv seen many of people lash out this way its only human keep pushing them buttons and eventually your going to snap and lash out

a bag is a hell of a difference between a can you could easily kick a can by mistake no one walks around looking at the ground that could well be had happened in the guys situation

and damm straight a slap would be given if it came to it you have the rite to defend your self from someone pushing and shoving you causing you distress iv seen many of people lash out this way its only human keep pushing them buttons and eventually your going to snap and lash out

Plenty of ways to defuse the situation before it gets that far. You sound confrontational and like alot of aggro, between this fantasy of attacking a public worker and your rant in the junkie thread a few weeks back, I wouldnt want to meet you in a dark alley on your bad day.

OT; Dont litter folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The only person who has mentioned pushing and shoving is you. I'm pretty sure a litter warden wouldn't come up to you and start pushing you around.

Maybe you need to just calm down a bit - you'd swear litter wardens are out there harrassing people on the street every day the way you're telling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

never thought this thread would lead to threats and aggro. i suppose we're living in a society where you can't look people in the eyes without intimidating them now. where did it all go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Actually just saw a litter warden today,on Georges St, standing out side a pub,I got the impression he was waiting for a punter to stand outside and tap their ash, or perhaps he was just longing for a pint.
    On Duffy's show a few years back a caller complained that she had been accosted at a road side bin by a litter warden who fined her on the spot for putting rubbish in the bin, apparently your supposed to bring your rubbish home. If that is the case I have no idea what the roadside bins are for.

Advertisement