Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIFI password question?

• 14-09-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

i have eircom broadband at home and use WIFI all of the time, i dont need to enter a password for WIFI, it justs picks it up automaticall which is fine. But i cant remember the password now, I never changed it from when eircom first set me up but i cant give the password to anyone else in the house cause i cant remember it, is there anywhere i can find out what it is, would it be on the modem somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

It should be in the Wireless Configuration section of your modem. Connect to 192.168.254.1 in your browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

You need to open your browser and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar. Go to the wireless tab on the left side of the screen and you should be able to see the key. If it is one of th eircom zyxel routers the key is on the bottom of the modem

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

You need to open your browser and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar. Go to the wireless tab on the left side of the screen and you should be able to see the key. If it is one of th eircom zyxel routers the key is on the bottom of the modem

thanks, im not computer savvy, what do you mean by opening the browser? the internet browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sandy Ravage

yeah open the internet browser and in the address bar where it says http://www. , clear everything and enter 192.168.1.254 and press enter.
    On the left side of your screen there will be options, one of which will be wireless. Click the wireless option and a new page will appear. Your encrypton key will be on it and that's your wifi security key.You need to connect your laptop to the modem with an ethernet cable before you open the interenet browser. Or if you can't get into browser call the eircom bb support and they can get it for you.

Go here: http://192.168.1.254

Then hit "Wireless" on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lorf

interesting information, thanks

Advertisement