Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Express

Options
  • 14-09-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I know I have a real dislike for Tesco coming to Tuam but the rumor mill has taken a pace over the last week that an express is on the verge of coming to the Shopping Center on the N17. Anyone heard anything concrete? Anything would help the poor people who work down there, they really deserve the break.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Tinder wrote: »
    I know I have a real dislike for Tesco coming to Tuam but the rumor mill has taken a pace over the last week that an express is on the verge of coming to the Shopping Center on the N17. Anyone heard anything concrete? Anything would help the poor people who work down there, they really deserve the break.

It will be great when they open, but once whatever competition there is locally has closed, you can expect the selections of goods available to reduce dramatically. Especially the better value ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Thanks A2

We have had this debate and I could not agree with you more, Tesco are a town killer, however if they do move an express there I think it would do less damage than if they were to open a massive outlet out the N17 somewhere. The lesser of two evils if you know what I mean.

Back to the original question, is there any hard evidence that they are going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not any hard evidence but someone I know overheard a few businessy looking men in the Shopping Centre who were looking around mention Tesco. I also saw the shutters to the actual shop up and business people coming out so there is some movement going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Thanks Mars Bar.

Keep the ears to the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah, Tesco are seriously considering the shopping centre but it will not be a Tesco Express like the one on the Headford Road because the premises in tuam is actually too big for this, believe it or not. I know that there are some reservations about Tesco coming to town but at least their presence will save the other businesses in the shopping centre who are suffering badly at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement