Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Claim

• 14-09-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi.

Was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for a cheque to come from the insurance company for an injury claim. I settled on a figure with them last week and am just looking for a rough idea when I will receive the cheque. If any one could help?

Lori

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if everything has been agreed on issuing and posting out the cheque should only take around a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They could tell you, if you asked them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lori88

Do I have to sign anything for it to be agreed? I just told the solicitor to accept the offer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

If you used a solicitor then no. The solicitor will write to the ins company agreeing to the amount.

If you did not use a solicitor you will usually have to sign an acceptance form of some description.

lori88 wrote: »
    Do I have to sign anything for it to be agreed? I just told the solicitor to accept the offer!

if you have a solicitor it will probably take longer as they tend to drag things out as much as possible and the cheque will more then likely be posted to them and then they will get it to you

but no you dont have to sign anything usually

• Advertisement

potsy11 wrote: »
    If you did not use a solicitor you will usually have to sign an acceptance form of some description.

usually you dont

• Registered Users Posts: 47 lori88

Yeah solicitors tend to drag things out. I got made an offer in july and only heard from solicitor last week!! So i might be waiting awhile for the cheque aswell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Trampas

I think the insurance company have to issue the cheque within 10days of been notified of a settlement.

Once it is issued it is up to your solictor to contact you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

lori88 wrote: »

Usually the letter that comes with the cheque will say that upon cashing of the cheque you are agreeing that this is full and final payment/settlement of compensation for the accident. That's what mine said after my bumper payout for hospital expenses.................€153.78!!

Advertisement