Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway Southwest sauce

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Can you buy this in the shops anywhere?

I'd bring my own lunch into work everyday if I could get my hands on a bottle of this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Can you buy this in the shops anywhere?

I'd bring my own lunch into work everyday if I could get my hands on a bottle of this :)

They'd make a killing if they did, but sadly they don't. Heres the recipe though.
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 ounce Dijon mustard
    1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
    1 ounce chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed
    1/4 ounce fresh garlic, minced
    salt, to taste

Combine mayonnaise, mustard, lime juice, chipotle and garlic.
    Add salt to taste.
    Cover and chill before sandwich preparation, or before using as a salad dressing

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Thank you.

It is now my mission to make this in my free time at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,414 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You can buy a Newmans Southwest sauce, no idea if its close,

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

dmcg90 have you made that? Am a big southwest fan, might just have to give that a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I haven't but I would love to some day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I made this yesterday and had it on a steak sandwich. Very tasty but not as close to the subway sauce as I was expecting. You can get the Chipotle chilis in adobo sauce in fallon&byrne in town

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GStormcrow wrote: »
    I made this yesterday and had it on a steak sandwich. Very tasty but not as close to the subway sauce as I was expecting. You can get the Chipotle chilis in adobo sauce in fallon&byrne in town
    In what town?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

*looks up fallon and byrne on google*

Oh look.....

fallon2.gif

Fallon and Byrne is in dublin city :P

*wink wink*

Nah seriously though if you're up in dublin or can get someone to pop into the shop for you its with all their mexican stuff. It's really nice and is a fantastic addition to chili con carne :D

Warning: Hot and slightly addictive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GStormcrow wrote: »

*looks up fallon and byrne on google*

Oh look.....

fallon2.gif

Fallon and Byrne is in dublin city :P

*wink wink*

Nah seriously though if you're up in dublin or can get someone to pop into the shop for you its with all their mexican stuff. It's really nice and is a fantastic addition to chili con carne :D

Warning: Hot and slightly addictive ;)
    Ah Dublin. The only town it could possibly be cos its the only town in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Aw I love this stuff.
    Anybody else love it on the meatball marinara sub?
    Hmmm...footlong hearty italian(not toasted,the meat balls get too hot),with spicy cheese and the southwest sauce with tomatoes and sweetcorn and BACON. :) Oh yes...drooling here at the laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 irishtrader

i love southwest even if it gives me indegestion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Butchers down the road sell a bottle of southwest sauce but doubt its anything like subway but gonna buy a bottle and chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The OP was looking for it 2 years ago, you're a bit late. Plus "down the road" doesn't really help them locate this butchers of yours.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement