Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kerrang! Relentless Energy Tour 2011

Options
  • 14-09-2010 12:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Good Charlotte are set to return to the UK as the headline act of next year's Kerrang! Relentless Energy Drink Tour, which kicks off at Dublin Academy on February 4.

The California-based pop-punks - who are set to release their new album, Cardiology on November 1 - will be joined on the 11-date UK and Ireland tour by Massachusetts melodic hardcore gang Four Year Strong and Nashville-based K! Award nominated rockers Framing Hanley.

"This is really exciting for us," says Good Charlotte guitarist Benji Madden. "Kerrang! have always been a big supporter of our band and it's something we don't take for granted. This is the first time we've done anything like this, especially in the UK, and I think it's long overdue. It's going to be like one long party!

"We can't wait to hang out with Four Year Strong and Framing Hanley, too," he adds. "The bill is so strong - people are going to get their money's worth!"

"We're really excited to do this," adds Four Year Strong guitarist/vocalist Alan Day. "We love coming over to the UK because the shows are always amazing.

"We're really looking forward to starting the tour in Ireland, too," he adds. "We've never been to Dublin, so I'm going to be the biggest tourist ever and do all the sightseeing I can. This tour is going to be unbelievable!"

Framing Hanley frontman Kenneth Nixon says that he finds it "surreal" to be touring with Good Charlotte.

"I think that's the best way of explaining it!" he laughs. "In 2002, I remember playing [Good Charlotte's 2000 debut single] Little Things at a party! Eight years on, it's crazy to think we'll be hitting the road with these guys. It's going to be awesome.

"We feel that this is a big opportunity for our band and it's really flattering to be part of this tour," he adds. "It's a diverse bill and I think that's one of the coolest things about this tour. This is a huge step for us and it's exciting to be on a bill with such great bands. Being in the support slot, you're pushed to put on a better show and prove yourself night after night. We always thrive in that situation. We really can't wait."

And if that awesome line-up wasn't enough, one more band will be confirmed in coming weeks!

The Kerrang! Relentless Energy Drink Tour 2011 will hit the following venues:
    Dublin Academy February 4,
    Southampton Guildhall 6,
    Norwich UEA 7,
    Bristol O2 Academy 8,
    Cardiff University Great Hall 10,
    Leeds O2 Academy 11,
    Newcastle O2 Academy 12,
    Glasgow O2 Academy 14,
    Manchester Academy 15,
    Birmingham O2 Academy 17
    London's Roundhouse on February 18.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    Embarrassed to admit it, but **** it, i'm going purely for Good Charlotte;)

Not a fan of the newer stuff, but there old stuff is great!

Ha same although FH have 1 or 2 decent songs especially the cover of Lollipop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Anyone know who is supporting? I would go just to see Good Charlotte too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

£16 in the uk, €25 in Dublin. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Shando316 wrote: »
    £16 in the uk, €25 in Dublin. Ridiculous.

*decides not to point out the higher cost of stuff here..including insurance etc...and the fact they'll have to get an extra ferry because they're playing a single gig here*

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

went to this last year in The academy and it was pure ****e. The sound was terrible and it was just thrown together. I just went to see 'Black Tide' and it was not worth it. Will not be wasting my money this time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

It'll never beat last year. Best night ever. All Time Low were amazing:D

niamhallen wrote: »

Slightly offtopic..but they just confirmed a show at the olympia on the 1st of march...Yellow Card as support :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

I know:D i literally just heard:D

Slightly offtopic..but they just confirmed a show at the olympia on the 1st of march...Yellow Card as support :D

Where was it confirmed? Would love to see Yellowcard

Where was it confirmed? Would love to see Yellowcard

Yellowcard confirmed it on their facebook :)
    www.facebook.com/yellowcard
    Tickets on sale Friday, 1st October.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Wow I remember seeing Good Charlotte back when I was 12/13 :o The years just fly by :rolleyes: I remember meeting Benji with my sister afterwards she nearly fainted :) I would definitely going though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

Tbh. not gonna go...really **** this year... Last year was AMAZING and year before had BMTH! but this year is soo ****.

Tbh. not gonna go...really **** this year... Last year was AMAZING and year before had BMTH! but this year is soo ****.

Personally i think BMTH are rubbish but each to there own. Might pick up a ticket closer to the date , wonder will they do a 2nd night like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Wiki says AvA are on the tour too, can anyone confirm this? Thought Tom would still be in the studio with blink around then.

Tenks wrote: »
    Wiki says AvA are on the tour too, can anyone confirm this? Thought Tom would still be in the studio with blink around then.

I would def go if AvA are playing aswell

No chance AvA are on this tour. Good Charlotte are headliners and there's 1 (small) opening band left TBA.

Yea but maybe AvA could be on before GC. I no it has 4YS but id presume AvA are bigger

Sure it's possible, but I doubt it. There's no reports of them being on the tour apart from a wikipedia article which isn't really a good source ;)

Id love if they where playing though!

Pretty sure I read that the last band TBA is the opener.

Yea fair enough , didnt they add Dir En Grey inbetween BMTH and MSI?

Yea would love to see them aswell since they will never play here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yea fair enough , didnt they add Dir En Grey inbetween BMTH and MSI?

Yea would love to see them aswell since they will never play here again

The reason they don't announce the fourth band is because they analyze initial ticket sales then book the band depending on sales, so they will have two considered a cheap opener and a second more expensive more accomplished band. And say "we'll finalize the booking two weeks after tickets go on sale" And also to keep interest in the tour.

But yes i do agree it's not very good this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Et3rnalMo0nlite

AvA? does that stand for some band?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ghostbusthat

I'd like to see Four Year Strong, but I dunno if it'd be worth going to this to see them. The line up is awful in comparison to other years. Might go if the 4th band are any use.

• Advertisement

Second date added for Dublin. Francesqa heavily rumoured to be fourth band.

Who? . Im surprised they just didnt upgrade the Academy to the Olympia

Who? . Im surprised they just didnt upgrade the Academy to the Olympia

Never heard of them either. The standing in the olympia is tiny though, it would mean making people sit who'd payed to stand....

Never heard of them either. The standing in the olympia is tiny though, it would mean making people sit who'd payed to stand....

Ah yea suppose , maybe they could have chosen Tripod

Ah yea suppose , maybe they could have chosen Tripod

I actually thought that was smaller, never been there. What's the capacity?

I actually thought that was smaller, never been there. What's the capacity?

think its about 1000 or 1100

it was already announced to be The Wonder Years...

it was already announced to be The Wonder Years...

Alright. Still, who?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Alright. Still, who?

One of the best bands in pop punk better than the rest of the bands playing IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

niamhallen wrote: »

You're joking right? what about 08, Mindless self indulgence, dir en grey, cancer bats and bring me the horizon.. and your saying all time low beat that? disgrace :P

Advertisement