Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem to play Tripod *No ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Can someone send me their pre-sale link please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

s8n wrote: »
    Can someone send me their pre-sale link please ?

Now correct me if I'm wrong folks but I think the link only allows the person to buy the same number of tickets they had purchased for the cancelled gig.

So the link becomes redundant once the person has used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

Now correct me if I'm wrong folks but I think the link only allows the person to buy the same number of tickets they had purchased for the cancelled gig.

That's how I imagined they would do it but it doesn't seem to be the case. The links in the email I saw weren't personalised. They might look it as they have a long complicated address that mentions 'track' in it, but that's just their standard way of tracking clicks in emails (see the links to 'Visit our help page' or 'Visit Ticketmaster.ie' also have the same address format). Once you click on it, you get redirected to a short Ticketmaster address that anyone could type straight into their browser.

That's my theory anyway, although as it wasn't my email I don't think I should post the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

The other problem might be that they let anyone buy tickets now and enforce the past purchaser only and ticket limits later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

someone on another forum i use has said that there doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount of tickets you can buy, compared to your previous purchase.

surely this will be sold out before it even goes on general sale tomorrow so :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

seems to be no limit -i only had 2 tickets for the cancelled gig and managed to get 4 from the priority link this morning- so i don't think there will be many to carry over at this rate... was'nt being greedy just picked up 2 extra for a mate who got his cancelled tix for cash and could'nt get priority.

I'm really looking forward to this one. It better go ahead this time.

*Looks towards Iceland*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Is the presale link for friday or saturday or can you pick from either ?

nm wrote: »
    Is the presale link for friday or saturday or can you pick from either ?

You can pick from either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 RobMcGov

Some one just post the link. I got tickets to the April shows in person so i didn't get a code. I can just imagine going into Stephen's Green ticketmaster tomorrow morning and Queuing for a couple of hours and not getting as has happened on several occassions in the past.

If the link is the same for everyone than for the love of god someone post it!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Ok I've been kinda mulling it over about leaking the URL as normally I would in these situations. It is not unique and can actually be found fairly easily.

Problem is that the tickets are a fiver cheaper than the ones that go on sale tomorrow. If it leaks and Ticketmaster/Pod loses X amount of money on it will they go back and cross reference the sales to see if people used it legitimately or not? I don't want the blame from people who thought they were sorted for tickets only to get them revoked. Also I'm understandably cautious of doing anything to piss off Ticketmaster or any promoters. As such I'm not giving out the info but the info in italics will probably lead to someone doing it. I would just say be cautious using it.

Come on, put up the link! The April gigs were sell outs anyway so how could ticketmaster be surprised if all the tickets sell out at the cheaper price?

RobMcGov wrote: »
    Come on, put up the link! The April gigs were sell outs anyway so how could ticketmaster be surprised if all the tickets sell out at the cheaper price?

If the link is posted publically I'd imagine that Ticketmaster will definitely cancel non-legitimate orders on it.

If the link is posted publically I'd imagine that Ticketmaster will definitely cancel non-legitimate orders on it.

How could they cancel 'non-legitimate orders' if the link is just a general link and not an individual one. They wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two if the link is the same for everyone. Come on! I'll be your friend...

RobMcGov wrote: »
    How could they cancel 'non-legitimate orders' if the link is just a general link and not an individual one. They wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two if the link is the same for everyone. Come on! I'll be your friend...

They only emailed the link to people who had bought tickets for the April gigs.

Matching the orders to the emails that they were sent to could be done with some manner of computer pretty easily I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Cross reference the details of those who buy with it versus the ones they have on file from the previous time? I'll admit it is probably unlikely but as I said I do not want to be responsible. The page specifically says it is for people who had tickets to the previous show. If it hadn't that warning I'd put the link up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Does the page specifically say it is only for people who bought them online or over the phone ? ;)

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

its a bit mean if anybody posts the link in my opinion.the reason that there is a discount on the presale is because everyone who used their credit card to book tickets the last time only got refunded the face value of tickets not service charges that ticketmaster are so fond of adding on.i dont get paid till tomorrow and im hoping there will be some left by then

I think it's 'Pretty Mean', as you said, that people that bought tickets in person or over the phone for the original shows won't get a chance to buy tickets to this one. Realistically, very, very few people are going to end up getting their hands on them tomorrow.

It's also a bit unfair that someone who bought one ticket to the April shows online can now buy 5 or 6 to the November shows!

Mr.S wrote: »
    it takes about 2 mins of googling to find the presale link.

Put a link up to the page you Googled to get the link then:P

• Advertisement

I'm googling 'LCD Soundsystem Dublin presale link' and variations on that but can't seem to get anywhere..... Little help please!:confused:

ffs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Do not post the pre sale link up.

OK my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

got my 2 tickets, happy out. i'm shocked the presale link hasn't been leaked, well not on google anyway in last week anyway. good discipline

and it'll hardly sell out tomorrow in 5 mins a la michael buble, the fanbase in this country isn't that big

got my 2 tickets, happy out. i'm shocked the presale link hasn't been leaked, well not on google anyway in last week anyway. good discipline

and it'll hardly sell out tomorrow in 5 mins a la michael buble, the fanbase in this country isn't that big

The April gigs sold out pretty rapidly. Although, having said that, a lot of people did see LCD at the Picnic just a few weeks back so demand mightn't be as high.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 agimcgale

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

The April gigs sold out pretty rapidly. Although, having said that, a lot of people did see LCD at the Picnic just a few weeks back so demand mightn't be as high.

*cough* The National *cough*

PeterTwo wrote: »

Oh yeah......

Forget what I said - tickets will fly out the door tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

PeterTwo wrote: »
    I missed them for The Frames... and what a gig that was!!

Advertisement