Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Soundsystem to play Tripod *No ticket Sales/Swaps*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

Keeps telling me there's no standing available. 5 seconds after 9, really?? Then I get errors for seating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

What the hell have been online since 9 and it frooze at my card details now its not even looking available! WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Keep trying! I just got 2 for Friday night!

mfield wrote: »
    Keep trying! I just got 2 for Friday night!

2 standing or seating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

I rang and they said there are none available but it went funny after 2 minutes. That cant be right can it?

Keep trying,there was no standing for Saturday so I just went for Best available and got 2 tix for the stands,that was about 9:06

collymcd wrote: »
    2 standing or seating?

Standing, I just went for best available.

Just got two seating. Hate sitting down at gigs but better than nothing :)

Sorry, I actually got sitting down too! I'd like to be standing. Could probs sort out a swap on Toutless. At least we got them bagged anyway :D

• Advertisement

mfield wrote: »
    Sorry, I actually got sitting down too! I'd like to be standing. Could probs sort out a swap on Toutless. At least we got them bagged anyway :D

Yessir. In my experience a lot of people actually prefer seating, usually couples. Bringing a WILL SWAP 2 X SEATING TIX FOR 2 STANDING TIX poster can work a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

I got 2 standing tickets for the friday. Im delighted with them . I missed out on tickets for the national last friday morning so this makes up. . Either way, It will be a brill gig.

Yeah not looking forward to sitting meself,so will be looking to swap them but just happy I got tickets for now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Got 2 standing tickets for me and the girlfriend, but I think the lads missed out, so it won't be quite as much fun :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Correct me if I'm wrong but Tripod aren't normally too strict about people from the balcony coming down to the main standing area. I've never been checked going into the downstairs section - only going up to the balcony.

I always thought that's why the place can seem so packed a lot of times.

I could be wrong though. Toast normally knows more about these sort o'things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Me? I just make it all up as I go along! :D

Any time I have been there you'll get stamped at the front door. There is a guy at the top of the stairs to check your stamp (not your ticket) and if you want to sit you go up the second flight of stairs where they check your ticket to see which seat you have. Occasionally they'll have people at either door to the dance floor to check stamps. My bet is they probably (are meant to) give out different colour stamps for different tickets. I've never had seated tickets and tried to get into standing so I can not say if they do do this and if it was found they weren't they could be shut down by the fire marshal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Actually now that I think about it at the Gil Scott Heron gig this year I was in the balcony and they gave us wristbands.

They might very well do the same thing for this gig - much easier to spot someone with a wristband and ask them to go upstairs than having to check everyone's tickets.

If you are upstairs and get in early there are some good standing spots along the sides which offer a great view of the stage. But you need to get there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Is it worth trying to get a swap for standing - got 2 seated tickets for the G section. Whats the view /atmosphere like there ?

Is there a sit down police in the balcony area or does everyone get up and have a right ol' boogy? I know I will! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Sunday gig announced now. Tickets are on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Is this completely sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just remember that you can't ask for swaps on here!

Sunday gig on sale now!

Yeah no worries - just havnt been there in a while - not sure what the seating area is like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Sunday tickets are still available. Standing too.

Excited much!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

should be good. listening to the support, **** robot (!), pretty decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geno

I assume Sh*t Robot support will just be your man Lambkin dj'ing, is that right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

noob question, never been to the Tripod. What time does the gigs normally finish at there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

noob question, never been to the Tripod. What time does the gigs normally finish at there?

usually about 10.30/11.

they run a clubnight thing in Tripod from about 11 or 11.30 at the weekends, so I'm fairly sure they clear everyone out as soon as the gig finishes so they can start getting people in for the nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davemor

hes deadly-nice to see an Irish lad on a decent dance label

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anyone know if **** Robot will be DJing or doing a live show of his album??

Advertisement