Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney/Whiterock surfing?

Options
  • 14-09-2010 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey

So I was looking at msw this morning, saw a bit of a swell heading up the Irish sea so I thought I'd take a spin out. There were waves at whiterock, and there was one guy out with a shortboard. Killiney beach was flat. I didnt get in, because I wasn't sure about the beach - It looked very rocky and I had no idea what was under the surface, although it was low tide. Could anyone tell me how to avoid killing myself if I ever do go surfing there? I need a spot closer to home because I'm going back to college in 2 weeks

Also... I wouldn't be intruding on a local spot would I? I've only ever seen one or two people surfing there before...

Also also, is tramore any good these days? Havn't been there in years since I discovered sligo but the new motorway's open now so its only about a 2 hour drive

Cheers :)

Advertisement