Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halfords promotion error

• 14-09-2010 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

eh...spotted this over on bargain alerts in boards.ie

Halfords has a buy one get one half-price promotion on certain items but when you go to the checkout it gives you buy one get one free instead! The example (and Ive just checked its working) is a Kryptonite New York for €99...add another and the total is... €99!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ADDON

poochiem wrote: »
    eh...spotted this over on bargain alerts in boards.ie

Halfords has a buy one get one half-price promotion on certain items but when you go to the checkout it gives you buy one get one free instead! The example (and Ive just checked its working) is a Kryptonite New York for €99...add another and the total is... €99!

What is a Kryptonite New York???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

sorry it's a good lock see here will set you back €100 in your LBS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

you do not pay online, I doubt they will honor this when you go in to collect it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

mloc123 wrote: »
    you do not pay online, I doubt they will honor this when you go in to collect it

I think they would - halfords just print out the invoice and put the item aside with the invoice taped on - no reason not to give it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I went on-line to have a look at it. They will stand by it. A note comes up saying "The price you see is the price you pay, even if it is cheaper than the usual in store price!"

They'll have to stand by it but the only place they have them is Navan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭adodsk

Kryptonite showing in stock in Cork and Limerick too....

adodsk wrote: »
    Kryptonite showing in stock in Cork and Limerick too....

Apologies, I only checked Dublin at 1st but the website said Navan also.

That's just me presuming everyone's from around Dublin...again apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

ADDON wrote: »
    What is a Kryptonite New York???? :confused:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kryptonite+New+York

:D

It'll be interesting to see if they do honour this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Hey! I posted about this yesterday over here and it worked out well for me. I got two magnum plus shackle locks that should have cost 121 euro for a bargain price of 61.

Also works for clothing too!

I went to Navan yesterday and picked up 2 of the Kryptonite New York locks. No questions were asked, I just handed over the €99.99 and off I went.

I knew there wouldn't be a problem with this. The staff in Halfords aren't going to argue this, it's not exactly their money. I was in Halfords in Blanchardstown before buying a buff. The girl at the till couldn't scan it so instead of asking anyone she just put it in the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

waterford the last store in Ire with any stock. Does not work for NI/Uk.
    Anyone in Waterford willing to go halfers (and cycle up to Dublin.. then let me know :) )

km991148 wrote: »
    waterford the last store in Ire with any stock. Does not work for NI/Uk.
    Anyone in Waterford willing to go halfers (and cycle up to Dublin.. then let me know :) )

PM sent to you. I'm going to sell one of mine.

Advertisement